Factual is a data company focused on understanding the physical world through location. To make this goal a reality, we take on novel problems with small, focused teams made up of brilliant people.
At Factual, we cultivate multidisciplinary engineering teams. Everyone is comfortable with wrangling data, but we expect each individual contributor to bring a unique skill or expertise to the table. You should be a fast-working, highly-focused individual who pays strong attention to detail, shows great leadership and organizational skills, and gets things done. Our team works with applied big data, applied machine learning, high throughput and low latency API's, algorithms, thoughtful architecture, lots of practical coding, and excellent peers.
Factual presents a rewarding mission, a steep learning curve, and no upper bound on the problems we solve. If this sounds intriguing, you might be just the person we’re looking for.
- A desire to learn and improve.
- 2+ years professional software engineering experience
- Strong interest in cluster computing.
- Ability to thrive in a startup environment, while wearing many hats.
- Degree in Computer Science or substantial, relevant software engineering experience.
- Fluency in Java, Python or Clojure.
- Strong algorithms and data structures knowledge.
- Experience in writing fast, production code and code optimization.
- Comfort with Unix and the command line
- Experience with various types of databases.
- Experience with Hadoop ecosystem and distributed programming models such as Map/Reduce and Spark.
- Knowledge of natural language parsing
- Experience with AWS, Docker, Mesos or Kubernetes
- Knowledge of clustering and classification strategies.
- Machine Learning knowledge/experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Cover letters (creative and personalized) will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
About us We at Factual believe that data should be accessible to every developer, entrepreneur, business, or organization – anyone who needs it to build a better app, provide a better search result, make smarter software – anyone who needs data to make a better decision or help others make better decisions. Today, Factual focuses on making location data accessible to the mobile world. Factual’s data about places across the globe reveals a deeper understanding of people based on their geographic behavior. For more information, visit http://www.factual.com.
Want to learn more about Factual? Visit Factual's website.
Jobs You May Like
Principal Software Engineer
Massdrop, San Francisco
Field Application Engineer (US Citizen)
Rescale, Midwest or East Coast US
Senior Sales Engineer
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
SEO and Content Specialist
Conductor, New York, New York
Senior Data Engineer
Contract Senior Oracle DBA
PlayStation, San Diego, CA