We're looking for super smart, talented software engineers to work on crazy hard problems. We're most interested in people who have strong backgrounds in Computer Science theory, are good with algorithms, and are generally quick on their feet (err... keyboards). Above all, we want people who love data and lots of it!
- Generally love data!
- Strong interest in cluster computing.
- Thrive in a start-up environment and enjoy wearing many hats.
- Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- Fluency in Java, Ruby, or Clojure.
- Strong algorithms and data structures knowledge.
- Experience in writing fast production code and code optimization.
- Comfort with Unix and the command line.
- Familiarity with Map/Reduce programming models such as Hadoop.
- Knowledge of natural language parsing and duplicate detection.
- Machine Learning knowledge/experience.
- Familiarity with databases, especially NoSQL databases.
- EC2 experience.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
Cover letters (creative and personalized) will be greatly appreciated! Thanks!
About us We at Factual believe that data should be accessible to every developer, entrepreneur, business, or organization – anyone who needs it to build a better app, provide a better search result, make smarter software – anyone who needs data to make a better decision or help others make better decisions. Today, Factual focuses on making location data accessible to the mobile world. Factual’s data about places across the globe reveals a deeper understanding of people based on their geographic behavior. For more information, visit http://www.factual.com.
Want to learn more about Factual? Visit Factual's website.
Jobs You May Like
Principal Security Engineer
Demandbase, San Francisco, CA
Staff Customer Engineer (Escalation Manager)
Pivotal Software, Shanghai
Mobile Developer (Ionic/Cordova)
Rocket Lawyer, London
Director of Engineering Operations
Factual, Los Angeles
Sr. Build / Release Engineer
Ring Inc., Santa Monica, CA