Factual’s mission is to make data accessible to everyone. We believe that high quality, accurate data should be accessible to every developer, entrepreneur, business, and organization. To make this goal a reality, we end up tackling unusual problems with small, focused teams made up of highly motivated people. We are actively seeking a Director of Sales Engineering to join us.
About the Sales Engineering team:
The Sales Engineering team is composed of software engineers who collaborate with and develop solutions for customers, which are often beyond the scope or feature set of our existing products. Innovation within this team has contributed to breakthrough solutions for Factual’s products. They work on cutting-edge products and have the autonomy to synthesize customer challenges with Factual technology. In this role, you will craft solutions and offerings that delight our customers and solve their problems. Our team does not merely explain technical capabilities to potential clients. They solve technical challenges and ship solutions that enable Factual’s business and customer base to grow.
About the role:
We are looking for an engineering leader who can set directive, architect, and design software solutions, and lead our team's professional and technical development. You should have a strong background in Computer Science, and you have managed software engineering teams in the past. Above all, you should love data and lots of it! You will be working with a growing team, digging into customer requirements for product evaluations, developing new offerings, and collaborating with internal and external technical and business teams alike. Your contributions will often help shape features used in production ready products. We are eager to have you step in to lead the team.
As the Director of Sales Engineering, you will:
- Manage and lead a group of 6-8 software engineers
- Architect, scope and develop technical solutions which enable Factual to win new customers
- Investigate and solve problems related to our clients’ use of our products
- Manage and improve technical projects and integrations
- Present complex technical solutions to clients
- Provide critical feedback to our product and core-engineering teams surrounding product requirements
- 5+ years of software engineering experience, 3+ years people management
- A degree in Computer Science or related field
- Fluency in Python/Java/Scala
- Strong knowledge of algorithms and data structures
- Experience with data analysis and data wrangling
- Experience in writing fast production code and code optimization
- Experience working for data-for-marketers and data-for-products companies
- Knowledge of statistics, data science, or machine learning
- Experience with Hadoop/MapReduce
- Knowledge and experience with location, mobile, or mobile advertising
- Experience with SQL and/or querying MongoDB or Solr Indexes
About us We at Factual believe that data should be accessible to every developer, entrepreneur, business, or organization – anyone who needs it to build a better app, provide a better search result, make smarter software – anyone who needs data to make a better decision or help others make better decisions. Today, Factual focuses on making location data accessible to the mobile world. Factual’s data about places across the globe reveals a deeper understanding of people based on their geographic behavior. For more information, visit http://www.factual.com.
Want to learn more about Factual? Visit Factual's website.
Jobs You May Like
Mobile Senior Software Developer - iOS
SmartThings, Mountain View, CA
ShareThis, Palo Alto
Senior Android Developer
Newsela, New York
Software Engineer (Cloud Back-End)
Shape Security, Mountain View
Lead Gameplay Engineer - Unreal Engine 4
Survios, Culver City, CA
Senior QA Engineer
Green Bits, Portland, OR