Mfg. Controls Engineer
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
EXPERIENCE A NEW SPECIES
Faraday Future is a California mobility company bringing a tech approach to clean transportation. At FF, we believe that by placing equal emphasis on automotive and technology disciplines, our team of experts is uniquely positioned to take a user-centric, technology-first approach to vehicle design with the ultimate aim of connecting the automotive experience with the rest of your life.
· The candidate should have technical knowledge and experience in controls and automation system related development tasks in high-volume manufacturing operations.
· The candidate will be required to design, develop, implement, and debug controls/automation solutions to support manufacturing systems, such as the equipment controls, line PLC controls, safety system integration solutions, sensor/vision system integration, HMI programming, etc.
· The responsibilities include developing PLC and HMI programs, integrating safety related controls components, conducting electrical/automation system buy-offs, supporting plant start-up activities, etc.
· The ideal candidates should be familiar with different PLC programming languages such as ladder logic, structured text, etc.
· The candidate must be capable of collaborating with cross-functional teams and have exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop all aspects of electrical controls systems for equipment and machinery.
- Develop control system and HMI programs.
- Develop and implement bench tests.
- Debug control system operations.
· Investigate problems and requirements of projects, and develop cost effective solutions.
· Implement and support Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) based hardware and software.
· Be responsible and work in a team for selected areas of the overall solution
· Be willing to travel moderately (20% - 30% on average) to support plant implementations, supplier interactions, or as requested by management
- Travel can be more intensive during plant startup support periods
Required Skills and Experience:
· Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a related manufacturing industry.
· Advanced PLC and HMI programming skills with some understanding and experience with high-level programming languages (e.g. C#, Java, C++, VB, etc.)
· Experience in safety PLC implementation and safety system integration tasks.
· Good knowledge in and understanding of government and industry controls and safety standards.
· Experience in integrating plant floor automation systems with plant IT systems.
· Literate in Microsoft Office software.
Optional Skills and Experience:
· Experience in automotive manufacturing environment, especially in material handling related applications.
· Experience in implementing / integrating SCADA solutions with automation systems.
· Experience with Siemens TIA Portal software and Siemens PLC, HMI and automation hardware platforms.
· Bachelor’s Degree Electrical Engineering or related field required.
· 3+ years’ automation system implementation in manufacturing-related environment required.
· Proven track record of success in installation and maintenance of various types of automation systems.
Perks + Benefits:
· Stock options for every employee
· Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
· 401(k) options
· Engineering orientation + onboarding
· Daily catered lunches onsite (nominal cost)
· Healthy snacks + beverages 24/7
· Relocation assistance + reimbursement
· Free parking + carpool reimbursement
· Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
· Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
· “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team