Faraday Future is a California mobility company bringing a tech approach to clean transportation. At FF, we believe that by placing equal emphasis on automotive and technology disciplines, our team of experts is uniquely positioned to take a user-centric, technology-first approach to vehicle design with the ultimate aim of connecting the automotive experience with the rest of your life.
· The candidate should have technical knowledge and experience in controls and automation system related development tasks in high-volume manufacturing operations.
· The candidate will be required to design, develop, implement, and debug controls/automation solutions to support manufacturing systems, such as the equipment controls, line PLC controls, safety system integration solutions, sensor/vision system integration, HMI programming, etc.
· The responsibilities include developing PLC and HMI programs, integrating safety related controls components, conducting electrical/automation system buy-offs, supporting plant start-up activities, etc.
· The ideal candidates should be familiar with different PLC programming languages such as ladder logic, structured text, etc.
· The candidate must be capable of collaborating with cross-functional teams and have exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills.
Position Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop all aspects of electrical controls systems for equipment and machinery.
- Develop control system and HMI programs.
- Develop and implement bench tests.
- Debug control system operations.
· Investigate problems and requirements of projects, and develop cost effective solutions.
· Implement and support Programmable Logic Controller (PLC) based hardware and software.
· Be responsible and work in a team for selected areas of the overall solution
· Be willing to travel moderately (20% - 30% on average) to support plant implementations, supplier interactions, or as requested by management
- Travel can be more intensive during plant startup support periods
Required Skills and Experience:
· Minimum of 3 years relevant experience in a related manufacturing industry.
· Advanced PLC and HMI programming skills with some understanding and experience with high-level programming languages (e.g. C#, Java, C++, VB, etc.)
· Experience in safety PLC implementation and safety system integration tasks.
· Good knowledge in and understanding of government and industry controls and safety standards.
· Experience in integrating plant floor automation systems with plant IT systems.
· Literate in Microsoft Office software.
Optional Skills and Experience:
· Experience in automotive manufacturing environment, especially in material handling related applications.
· Experience in implementing / integrating SCADA solutions with automation systems.
· Experience with Siemens TIA Portal software and Siemens PLC, HMI and automation hardware platforms.
· Bachelor’s Degree Electrical Engineering or related field required.
· 3+ years’ automation system implementation in manufacturing-related environment required.
· Proven track record of success in installation and maintenance of various types of automation systems.
Perks + Benefits:
· Stock options for every employee
· Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
· 401(k) options
· Engineering orientation + onboarding
· Daily catered lunches onsite (nominal cost)
· Healthy snacks + beverages 24/7
· Relocation assistance + reimbursement
· Free parking + carpool reimbursement
· Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
· Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
· “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team
About Faraday Future
We are Faraday Future from California.
We are a user-centric, advanced mobility company with headquarters in Silicon Valley and Southern California. Our team leverages the talents of passionate creators from the technology and automotive industries to bring premium, seamlessly connected electric vehicles.
Our heart and soul is comprised of more than our technology and resources. Our team – our community – is what makes FF extraordinary.
Different Backgrounds. Same Vision.
Our incredibly dedicated, international team comes from diverse backgrounds spanning the technology, automotive, energy, and aerospace industries.