Electric Drive Validation Test Engineer
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
EXPERIENCE A NEW SPECIES
Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
The primary function is to lead product development and validation test activities to ensure the FF Electric Drive System meets or exceeds its performance, reliability and regulatory requirements. The Electric Drive system encompasses electronic control units (ECUs), power electronics, electric machine, gearbox, electrical connections and integrated thermal management components.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
· Develop validation compliance plans traceable to Electric Drive and regulatory requirements.
· Lead execution of the validation plan.
· Define requirements for Test Engineers developing supporting test equipment.
· Lead design of custom test fixtures.
· Develop test standards, testing protocols, and document test results.
· Develop and employ accelerated test methods and test-to-failure techniques supporting an aggressive vehicle development schedule.
· Develop application specific durability tests based on customer usage information and defined vehicle drive profiles to demonstrate reliability targets.
· Lead failure analysis activities and ensure corrective action is verified.
· Responsible for developing a Statement of Work (SOW) for outside test lab activities.
· Coordinate the activities of validation test technicians in the FF lab facilities and at outside test facilities.
· Project scheduling and overall project management responsibility.
· Expected to be a key contributor and capable of leading DFMEA activities.
· Expected to work closely with the Systems Engineer in developing component and system requirements.
· Participate across the Organization to improve processes and systems as they relate to the Reliability, Validation and Test Community.
Professional Experience/Education/Knowledge Desired:
· BSME, BSEE or other highly related field
· Power electronics, electric traction motor, and gearbox testing experience. Test methods and physical testing.
· Experience with automotive validation testing and methods including EMC, random vibration, mechanical shock, thermal cycling, humidity, corrosion, and water spray.
· Accelerated test methods and test-to-failure techniques.
· Electric vehicle systems experience to understand the functional interfaces of an Electric Drive system with other vehicle systems.
· Familiarity with applicable industry standards and regulatory guidelines.
· Automated test equipment and fixture design experience.
· DFMEA process experience.
· High level of interpersonal and written skills to work effectively with others at all levels.
Perks + Benefits
· Stock options for every employee
· Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
· 401(k) options
· Engineering orientation + onboarding
· Daily catered lunches onsite (nominal cost)
· Healthy snacks + beverages 24/7
· Relocation assistance + reimbursement
· Free parking + carpool reimbursement
· Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
· Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
· “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team