Vehicle Electrical Architecture Engineer
Faraday Future, Gardena, CA
EXPERIENCE A NEW SPECIES
Faraday Future (FF) is a California-based mobility company, leveraging the latest technologies and world’s best talent to realize exciting new possibilities in mobility. We’re producing user-centric, technology-first vehicles to establish new paradigms in human-vehicle interaction. We’re not just seeking to change how our cars work – we’re seeking to change the way we drive. At FF, we’re creating something new, something connected, and something with a true global impact.
· Work closely with all electrical departments to understand, and help develop, the Sub-system electrical networks (ADAS, Infotainment, Chassis, Powertrain, Body).
· Responsible for creating, maintaining, and releasing the official communication files (CAN .dbc files, LIN .ldf files, Ethernet .fibex files, LVDS backchannel files, etc.)
· Create and maintain the vehicle electrical topologies for various vehicles.
· Coordinate and host electrical architecture meetings to assess and address changes.
· Performs bandwidth analyses for particular networks to help optimize the network communication.
· Research next generation vehicle architectures and protocols.
· Create specifications for various communication protocols.
· Help define the network management strategy and specifications for the electrical communication networks.
· Perform vehicle level validation on test benches and test vehicles.
· Minimum of a Bachelor degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
· Minimum of 5 years of related experience to vehicle electrical communication networks. Position level will be dependent on level of education, years of experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities.
· Familiar with CAN networks, LIN networks, Ethernet networks.
· Strong ability in using CAN tools (CANoe, CANalyzer, CANape).
· Strong technical, communication, and analytical abilities.
· Ability to produce timely, logical, and concise work products.
· Ability to handle concurrent programs.
· Ability to work effectively independently, in a team, or collaborative environment.
· Knowledge of basic ECU/microcontroller hardware architecture.
· Master of Science degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related field.
· Experience with secure embedded architecture designs.
· Experience with ECU Diagnostics (UDS).
· Experience authoring electrical communication specifications.
· Experience with LVDS/FPD-LINK protocols.
· In depth knowledge of automotive Ethernet hardware and software.
· Ability to learn new tools, technologies, and concepts quickly.
Perks + Benefits:
· Stock options for every employee
· Healthcare + dental + vision benefits (Free for you/discounted for family)
· 401(k) options
· Engineering orientation + onboarding
· Daily catered lunches onsite (nominal cost)
· Healthy snacks + beverages 24/7
· Relocation assistance + reimbursement
· Free parking + carpool reimbursement
· Casual dress code + relaxed work environment
· Culturally diverse, progressive atmosphere
· “Soul of Faraday” community outreach team