Fearless is a full stack digital services firm in Baltimore that delivers sleek, modern, and user-friendly software designed to push the boundaries of possibility. Software has the potential to change lives, so we’ve made it our business to create innovative digital tools that allow users to perform at their maximum potential. It is our mission to build software with a soul - tools that empower communities and make a difference - so we can create a world where good software powers the things that matter.
***This position will be based primarily in the Fearless HQ in Baltimore with occasional work from DC Metro Area.
*** REQUIRED: Active TS/SCI security clearance, based on a current single scope background investigation (SSBI), as well as a favorable completion of CI Polygraph completed by the U.S. Government.
This DevOps Engineer should be able to identify and fix problems within existing systems, design/implement new systems, enhance existing systems and participate in the analysis, design and new construction of next generation IT systems. The individual should have experience with large data architectures, understand big data infrastructure concepts, and understand how to navigate political red tape to get to the heart of any matter.
What you'll be doing:
- Helping to solve data flow problems and performing end-to-end system integration tasks to include system design, development, and administration
- Developing system performance, availability, scalability, manageability, and security requirements for mid-to-large scale programs
- Work as member of Agile development team and with the system administrator in developing and executing DevOps best-practices and strategy for DevOps adoption
- Ability to support a variety of technologies and frameworks, including but not limited to AWS
- The more open source the better!
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 6-9 years related experience
- Strong AWS background
- Experience with DevOps and automation platforms and configuration tools - Ansible, Git, Vagrant, Terraform, Jenkins
- Experience automating processes using command line, REST, SOAP and other methods
- Strong experience working with data in and securing multi-environment multi-tier applications
- Strong infrastructure and configuration management automation experience
- Understanding of Postgres, MongoDB, ElasticSearch
- Understanding of Ruby, Nagios, Docker
- Active TS/SCI security clearance, based on a current single scope background investigation (SSBI), as well as a favorable completion of CI Polygraph completed by the U.S. Government
We're excited about you because you:
- Are a good coach
- Communicate and listen well
- Empower your team
- Appreciate and respect different values and points of view
- Have empathy toward and are supportive of your colleagues
- Are a good critical thinker and problem-solver
- Make connections across complex ideas
- Are intellectually humble - make mistakes and learn from them
- Challenge everything - push yourself and others by asking how we can be better in all aspects of our work
- Are able to collaborate in a culture that promotes passion in technology
- Are experienced in analytical environments/intelligence production organizations
- Care about supporting various customer missions and getting stuff done!
Why Fearless Solutions?
Great people are the foundation of any great company. To attract and retain great people, we offer fulfilling work that stays in balance with the rest of life. Because everyone has different needs, desires, and goals, our benefits offer the choices and flexibility people need to live well and succeed. Here are a few highlights of our benefits package:
- Individual yearly tech allowance
- Birthday off - you should be celebrating, not working!
- Education and training allowance
- We cover 100% of the employee-only premium for HSA, HMO, or PPO plan
- Free parking in downtown Baltimore
- Highly competitive 401(k) plan, with employer contributions
- Generous paid leave plan: 15 days PTO, 10 Federal Holidays, and an additional 5 sick days - that's 30 days total!
- All the purple swag you can wear!
Fearless is a rapidly growing software engineering company headquartered in the heart of Baltimore's Inner Harbor. We deliver innovative, leading-edge products, solutions, and services to customers worldwide. At Fearless, we are always learning, exploring, and looking for new ways to put our knowledge and experience to work. We are dedicated to advancing the discipline of software engineering through imagination, technical excellence, and unparalleled passion for our work. Fearless is also a pretty good place to work.
Fearless is committed to breaking the mold of traditional employers to create a truly enriching professional environment, and a place where all employees can find the correct work/life balance. EOE/M/F/D/V.
Fearless is a software shop that builds presentations while maximizing performance. We turn complex data or processes into creative applications that are intuitive and beneficial to the user. To ensure maximum software performance, we streamline and automate developer, operation, security, and testing processes to drastically increase their efficiency. Our team comprises designers and developers who have a deep understanding of cutting edge technology and trends, and leverage this knowledge to solve problems. Our developers are experienced enough to know the ins and outs of the industry, but inventive enough not to be bound by convention and to seek out the most creative solution to a problem. We are passionate about being surprisingly different by the work we do, problems we solve, and difference we make.
Want to learn more about Fearless? Visit Fearless's website.
Jobs You May Like
Staff Software Engineer, Core Platform
TuneIn, San Francisco, CA or Venice, CA
edX, Cambridge, MA.
Software Developer III
Fearless, Montgomery, AL
Senior Full Stack Engineer
Prezi, San Francisco
Scalable Press, Guadalajara, Mexico
Senior Server Engineer /Cloud Engineer
Merrill, St. Paul, MN (USA)