Fearless is looking for a smart, skilled, and motivated DevOps Engineer that can operate at the tier 1, 2, and some 3 level. This person must also have experience working with AWS.
The Engineer will be responsible for the general upkeep, performance monitoring, and reliability of the system, and must be able to work closely with users, the Fearless team, and the customer.
This position will be based primarily in the DC Metro Area, not downtown DC, with occasional work from Fearless HQ in Baltimore. Also, the candidate will have flexibility to work from home.
What you'll be doing:
- Build, configure, and troubleshoot software and hardware enhancements, application deployments and infrastructure up-grades.
- Diagnose and correct computer systems issues.
- Provide hands-on system administration support, system maintenance and operations support.
- Recommend software and hardware enhancements.
- Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are successfully backed up to the appropriate media, recovery tapes or disks are created, and media is recycled and sent off site as necessary.
- Perform regular file archival and purge as necessary.
- Create, change, and delete user accounts per request.
- Provide Tier III/other support per request from various constituencies. Investigate and troubleshoot issues.
- Repair and recover from hardware or software failures. Coordinate and communicate with impacted constituencies.
- Engineering of SA-related solutions for various project and operational needs.
- Install new / rebuild existing servers and configure hardware, peripherals, services, settings, directories, storage, etc. in accordance with standards and project/operational requirements.
- Install and configure systems such as supports GIS infrastructure applications or Asset Management applications.
- Develop and maintain installation and configuration procedures.
- Contribute to and maintain system standards.
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible automated approaches for system administration tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale.
We are excited about you because you can:
- Communicate and listen well
- Possess insight into others (including others different values and points of view)
- Have empathy toward and being supportive of one’s colleagues
- Be a good critical thinker and problem solver
- Be able to make connections across complex ideas.
- Possess intellectual humility - be able to make mistakes and learn from them
- Challenge everything - push yourself and others by asking how we can be better in all aspects of our work
- Collaborate in a culture that promotes passion in technology
What we are looking for:
- BS in Computer Science or related field
- 6-9 years related experience
- Strong AWS background
- Strong system and application experience
- Strong automation experience
- Active TS/SCI security clearance, based on a current single scope background investigation (SSBI), as well as a favorable completion of CI Polygraph completed by the U.S. Government(required).
Why Fearless Solutions?
Great people are the foundation of any great company. To attract and retain great people, we offer fulfilling work that stays in balance with the rest of life. Because everyone has different needs, desires, and goals, our benefits offer the choices and flexibility people need to live well and succeed. Here are a few benefit highlights:
- Individual yearly tech budget
- Birthday off-we don't believe in working on your birthday
- Continuing education assistance
- Professional development allowance
- We cover 100% of employee-only premium for HMO medical/PPO HSA
- Free downtown parking
- Highly competitive 401(k) plan, with employer contributions
- Generous paid time-off plan: 15 days PTO plus 10 Federal Holidays
- All the purple swag you can wear!
Fearless is a rapidly growing software engineering company headquartered in the heart of Baltimore's Inner Harbor. We deliver innovative, leading-edge products, solutions, and services to customers worldwide. At Fearless, we are always learning, exploring, and looking for new ways to put our knowledge and experience to work. We are dedicated to advancing the discipline of software engineering through imagination, technical excellence, and unparalleled passion for our work. Fearless is also a pretty good place to work.
Fearless is committed to breaking the mold of traditional employers to create a truly enriching professional environment, and a place where all employees can find the correct work/life balance. EOE/M/F/D/V.
Fearless is a software shop that builds presentations while maximizing performance. We turn complex data or processes into creative applications that are intuitive and beneficial to the user. To ensure maximum software performance, we streamline and automate developer, operation, security, and testing processes to drastically increase their efficiency. Our team comprises designers and developers who have a deep understanding of cutting edge technology and trends, and leverage this knowledge to solve problems. Our developers are experienced enough to know the ins and outs of the industry, but inventive enough not to be bound by convention and to seek out the most creative solution to a problem. We are passionate about being surprisingly different by the work we do, problems we solve, and difference we make.
Want to learn more about Fearless? Visit Fearless's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Software Engineer
Marble Robot, San Francisco- HQ
Senior Software Engineer, Adaptive Streaming
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Security Engineer, Automation
Okta, San Francisco, CA
Principal Firmware Engineer
Ring Inc., Santa Monica, CA
Senior Developer (m/w)
Senior Cloud Software Engineer
Endurance International Group, Waltham, MA