Fearless is looking for a Program Manager III to add to our diverse team of 200+ employees (and counting!).
What you’ll be doing
We’re looking to change the world by building software with a soul, and we want your help.
The Program Manager III is the prime interface for our clients, partners, and project teams, and is responsible for managing day-to-day operations, financial monitoring, and staffing of a subset of teams in a greater portfolio. The Program Manager III is a team player with excellent skills in leadership, communication, time management, and organization, and who is professional, positive, and dependable. The Program Manager III is responsible for various activities while regularly working with the following departments: People Operations, Finance, and Business Development.
What you should know:
- Preferred team member in Maryland with a hybrid work environment. Our office is located in the Spark Building in Baltimore!
- Fully remote options available for candidates located outside of Maryland.
- To protect our Fearless community, and in consideration of the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health. Administration (OSHA), and a variety of public health authorities, Fearless is implementing a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for our full workforce. This vaccine mandate will help keep our people and our community safe through this ongoing health crisis.
- All new employees must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for the position. Reasonable accommodations for qualified exemption requests will be considered
We need your Program Management skills! What other skills will help you succeed at Fearless? Glad you asked! We’re excited about candidates who can accomplish the following:
- Is accountable for day-to-day activities of their program.
- Proactively breaks down strategies from Portfolio Directors, directing and managing the implementation of those strategies across projects.
- Maintains awareness of challenges that bubble up from the project team and either manages them or resolves them.
- Provides coaching and leadership to project leads assigned to the program.
- Grows the eminence of their program and portfolio to support their success.
- Proactively resolves programmatic, contractual, and Fearless internal obstacles.
- Provides input into the portfolio strategy and ensures program leads understand it.
- Provides updates to Portfolio Directors and other stakeholders on project status, escalating risks and concerns where relevant, and implementing mitigation strategies as needed.
- Develops an evaluation method to assess program strengths and identify areas for improvement.
- Supports project teams in planning scope and meeting contract objectives.
- Produces accurate and timely reporting of program status throughout its life cycle, including project burn rate.
- Approves timecards.
- Monitors program financials.
- Manages performance goals with input from Portfolio Directors, Passion Coaches, and Scrum Master.
- Proactively and regularly provides feedback to Passion Coaches on team members to support individual, project, and program success.
- Tracks resource needs, including contract funding and staffing, throughout the lifecycle of the project, and proactively suggests strategies to improve team and program function.
- Works with the Passion Coaches when individual performance challenges occur on the team, and helps the team to grow through the challenge.
- Manages behavioral challenges, where applicable, with input from Portfolio Directors, Passion Coaches, and Scrum Master.
- Interviews candidates, makes hiring recommendations, and provides feedback for termination decisions.
- Works closely with Portfolio Director and Business Development to proactively prepare for follow-on contracts and opportunities for new and/or expanded work.
- Works with the Portfolio Director to identify people and tools needed to deliver contract requirements.
- Provides inputs into Business Development tasks, including proposals, past performance, challenge coordination, staffing plans, etc.
- Manages company communications to the team.
- Works with Practice Directors to influence and set technical vision on the project.
- Works with Practice Directors when tech concerns require escalation.
- Stands up project, if a project lead hasn’t yet been identified.
- Acts as backup for Scrum Masters, other Program Managers, and the Portfolio Director, if needed.
- Provides input and feedback into operational systems building.
- Works with recruiters to meet staffing needs of new BD opportunities.
Essential Skills and Experience
- Advanced experience in project or program management leading complex projects or teams.
- Expert programmatic leadership skills.
- Advanced relationship-building skills, with the ability to drive collaboration toward outcomes.
- Proven ability to gather and synthesize situational data and context to inform smart, business-focused decisions.
- Demonstrated expertise in stakeholder engagement and management.
- Demonstrated expertise in agile environments.
- Advanced experience managing teams.
- Advanced understanding of project management.
- Ability to operate and manage work, strategically reason, build relationships, and influence others.
- Experience working with federal, state or local Government (if applicable).
- Experience with contract management and/or finance.
- Certified Scrum Master, Product Owner, SAFe, or equivalent agile training or certification.
- Advanced experience with product thinking and product ownership.
- Proven ability to adapt, support, grow and optimize teams and processes working in different models (kanban vs. sprints, internal vs external delivery).
- Willingness to play different roles to fill gaps, and/or work with customer leadership teams to proactively fill gaps.
- Exemplary facilitation skills within a team or group setting.
- Motivated self-starter who is driven to move tasks to complete.
Roles in this Job Family include:
- The Program Manager I interfaces with our clients, partners, and project teams, and is responsible for managing day-to-day operations, financial monitoring, and staffing of a subset of teams in a greater portfolio. The Program Manager I is a team player with skills in leadership, communication, time management, and organization, and who is professional, positive, and dependable. The Program Manager I is responsible for various activities while regularly working with the following departments: People Operations, Finance, and Business Development.
- The Program Manager II is one of the key interfaces for our clients, partners, and project teams, and is responsible for managing day-to-day operations, financial monitoring, and staffing of a subset of teams in a greater portfolio. The Program Manager II is a team player with strong skills in leadership, communication, time management, and organization, and who is professional, positive, and dependable. The Program Manager II is responsible for various activities while regularly working with the following departments: People Operations, Finance, and Business Development.
- The Program Manager III is the prime interface for our clients, partners, and project teams, and is responsible for managing day-to-day operations, financial monitoring, and staffing of a subset of teams in a greater portfolio. The Program Manager III is a team player with excellent skills in leadership, communication, time management, and organization, and who is professional, positive, and dependable. The Program Manager III is responsible for various activities while regularly working with the following departments: People Operations, Finance, and Business Development.
We believe in paying people fairly, so we've established a compensation model that ensures everyone at Fearless — regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, nationality, or negotiation skills — is given equal pay for equal work.
So, what’s next?
Over the years, we’ve honed a 3-step interview process that helps ensure that every employee we hire is the right fit for us and that we’re the right fit for them. If we think you’re a good fit, we’ll get in touch and start scheduling your interviews!
- Culture Add Interview - We’re a people-first company, so we always start off by getting to know more about you, how you work, what your career goals are, and what you’re passionate about. This is your opportunity to ask questions and get a feel for Fearless, so don’t be shy!
- Technical Interview - This is where we get into the nitty gritty of the project. During the Technical Interview, you’ll be interviewed by our Passion Coaches and/or the team’s Project Lead to make sure your skills align with the project requirements.
- Business Interview - At this point, you’ve made it to the final frontier! The Business Interview is when you’ll meet with Fearless leadership to dot the i’s, cross the t’s, and determine whether or not we’ll be moving forward with the hiring process.
Our people make us who we are. We believe that every member of the Fearless team has something to share, and we value the unique viewpoint you’ll bring to our community. But we value your community, too, so we offer fulfilling work that stays in balance with the rest of life. Because everyone has different needs, desires, and goals, our benefits offer the choices and flexibility that our team members need to live well and succeed. Here are a few highlights of our benefits package:
- Flexible schedule
- Family-friendly workplace
- 3 weeks accrued PTO + 1 week sick leave + 10 federal holidays + your birthday off
- 100% coverage of the employee-only premium for HSA, HMO, or PPO plan and Employee Wellness Plan
- Tech, education / training, and snack allowances
- Free parking in downtown Baltimore / public transit coverage
- Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with employer contributions
Fearless is a full-stack digital services firm in Baltimore that delivers sleek, modern, and user-friendly software designed to push the boundaries of possibility. It's our mission to build software with a soul — tools that empower communities and make a difference — so we can create a world where good software powers the things that matter.
That’s not our only goal, though. We also strive to create a purple culture that makes our employees excited to come to work every day. That’s why we encourage our employees to pursue their passions, both in and out of the office. With built-in company mentoring, continuing education support, flexible schedules, and a family-friendly work environment, we’ve created a culture that allows our team to thrive professionally and personally.
Fearless believes in equal opportunity employment. We won’t discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, nationality, age, religion, disability, military status, or sexual orientation. As a company and as individuals, we’re committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for our team, our family members, our clients, our subcontractors, and our vendors.
Fearless is a software shop that builds presentations while maximizing performance. We turn complex data or processes into creative applications that are intuitive and beneficial to the user. To ensure maximum software performance, we streamline and automate developer, operation, security, and testing processes to drastically increase their efficiency. Our team comprises designers and developers who have a deep understanding of cutting edge technology and trends, and leverage this knowledge to solve problems. Our developers are experienced enough to know the ins and outs of the industry, but inventive enough not to be bound by convention and to seek out the most creative solution to a problem. We are passionate about being surprisingly different by the work we do, problems we solve, and difference we make.
Want to learn more about Fearless? Visit Fearless's website.
Help the world share their story