Fearless is looking for a Data Engineer to add to our diverse team of 200+ employees (and counting!).
What you’ll be doing:
We’re looking to change the world by building software with a soul, and we want your help.
The Data Engineer is responsible for architecting, building, and maintaining scalable tooling and infrastructure for managing data in a system. This includes building automated data pipelines, managing data storage, and creating systems to make data available to users. The Data Engineer also supports the team by performing tasks like data analysis, interpretation, extraction, formatting, labeling, cleaning, transformation, reduction, discretization, annotation, loading and processing.
What you should know:
- Preferred team member in Maryland with a hybrid work environment. Our office is located in the Spark Building in Baltimore!
- Fully remote options available for candidates located outside of Maryland.
- To protect our Fearless community, and in consideration of the Executive Order on Ensuring Adequate COVID Safety Protocols for Federal Contractors, the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Department of Labor, Occupational Safety and Health. Administration (OSHA), and a variety of public health authorities, Fearless is implementing a mandatory COVID-19 vaccination policy for our full workforce. This vaccine mandate will help keep our people and our community safe through this ongoing health crisis.
- All new employees must have received or be willing to receive the COVID-19 vaccine by date of hire to be considered for the position. Reasonable accommodations for qualified exemption requests will be considered.
We need your data engineering skills! What other skills will help you succeed at Fearless? Glad you asked! We’re excited about candidates who can accomplish the following:
Responsibilities and Contributions:
- Takes initiative for their own growth through personal leadership.
- Designs and implements internal processes for automating data delivery and optimization.
- Builds and maintains secure tooling and infrastructure for scalable automated data pipelines and machine learning models that align with business needs.
- Collaborates with Data Science Engineers and Business Analysts to improve data models that solve problems and support data-driven decision making.
- Supports regular ad-hoc data and analysis needs to better understand customer behaviors.
- Implements processes and systems to monitor data quality and volume, ensuring data is accurate and available.
- Performs data analysis required to troubleshoot data related issues and assist in the resolution of data issues.
- Evaluates data and machine learning tools for efficacy.
Essential Skills, Experience, and Competencies:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
- Experience with Machine Learning and Deep Learning Tools and Software.
- Experience in statistics, data processing, or data annotation.
- Understanding of quality assurance with respect to data and models.
- Proficiency with programming languages including Python, R, SAS, and/or Java.
- Experience working with at least one data analysis tool like Hadoop, Apache Spark, or cloud-provider equivalents.
- Effective written and oral communication skills to communicate insights extracted from the data.
- Ability to understand and respond to customer needs and collaborate as part of a cross-functional team.
- Ability to operate and manage work, strategically reason, and build relationships and influence others.
We believe in paying people fairly, so we've established a compensation model that ensures everyone at Fearless — regardless of race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, disability, religion, age, nationality, or negotiation skills — is given equal pay for equal work.
So, what’s next?
Over the years, we’ve honed a 3-step interview process that helps ensure that every employee we hire is the right fit for us and that we’re the right fit for them. If we think you’re a good fit, we’ll get in touch and start scheduling your interviews!
- Culture Add Interview - We’re a people-first company, so we always start off by getting to know more about you, how you work, what your career goals are, and what you’re passionate about. This is your opportunity to ask questions and get a feel for Fearless, so don’t be shy!
- Technical Interview - This is where we get into the nitty gritty of the project. During the Technical Interview, you’ll be interviewed by our Passion Coaches and/or the team’s Project Lead to make sure your skills align with the project requirements.
- Business Interview - At this point, you’ve made it to the final frontier! The Business Interview is when you’ll meet with Fearless leadership to dot the i’s, cross the t’s, and determine whether or not we’ll be moving forward with the hiring process.
Our people make us who we are. We believe that every member of the Fearless team has something to share, and we value the unique viewpoint you’ll bring to our community. But we value your community, too, so we offer fulfilling work that stays in balance with the rest of life. Because everyone has different needs, desires, and goals, our benefits offer the choices and flexibility that our team members need to live well and succeed. Here are a few highlights of our benefits package:
- Flexible schedule
- Family-friendly workplace
- 3 weeks accrued PTO + 1 week sick leave + 10 federal holidays + your birthday off
- 100% coverage of the employee-only premium for HSA, HMO, or PPO plan and Employee Wellness Plan
- Tech, education / training, and snack allowances
- Free parking in downtown Baltimore / public transit coverage
- Safe Harbor 401(k) plan with employer contributions
Fearless is a full-stack digital services firm in Baltimore that delivers sleek, modern, and user-friendly software designed to push the boundaries of possibility. It's our mission to build software with a soul — tools that empower communities and make a difference — so we can create a world where good software powers the things that matter.
That’s not our only goal, though. We also strive to create a purple culture that makes our employees excited to come to work every day. That’s why we encourage our employees to pursue their passions, both in and out of the office. With built-in company mentoring, continuing education support, flexible schedules, and a family-friendly work environment, we’ve created a culture that allows our team to thrive professionally and personally.
Fearless believes in equal opportunity employment. We won’t discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, gender, nationality, age, religion, disability, military status, or sexual orientation. As a company and as individuals, we’re committed to providing an inclusive and welcoming environment for our team, our family members, our clients, our subcontractors, and our vendors.
Fearless is a software shop that builds presentations while maximizing performance. We turn complex data or processes into creative applications that are intuitive and beneficial to the user. To ensure maximum software performance, we streamline and automate developer, operation, security, and testing processes to drastically increase their efficiency. Our team comprises designers and developers who have a deep understanding of cutting edge technology and trends, and leverage this knowledge to solve problems. Our developers are experienced enough to know the ins and outs of the industry, but inventive enough not to be bound by convention and to seek out the most creative solution to a problem. We are passionate about being surprisingly different by the work we do, problems we solve, and difference we make.
Want to learn more about Fearless? Visit Fearless's website.
Lyft is your friend with a car, whenever you need one
Tech Jobs For You
Senior Product Marketing Manager(Employer Products)
Handshake, San Francisco, CA; New York, NY; Denver, CO; Austin, TX; ...