Job Title: Senior Software Engineer, iOS
Discipline: Software Engineering
Reports to: Director of Engineering
Location: New York, NY
We are FiftyThree, makers of creativity-boosting tools including the award-winning app, Paper, and companion stylus, Pencil. We have recently released our latest product, Paste, and are hard at work on the next generation of Paper, as well as 1-2 other apps. That's where you come in.
You are a top-notch mobile/iOS software engineer looking to join a team of extraordinarily talented iOS engineers. You enjoy building rich, robust, and performant mobile applications. You have a passion for delivering interactive and delightful experiences to users. As a senior engineer at FiftyThree you will breathe life into custom interfaces that push the boundaries of most traditional UI toolkits. You will architect and implement highly visual and creative features which engage and empower our customers.
Don't worry if the criteria below doesn't describe you perfectly. We are a small organization looking for someone who can work well with the team and is excited by our products, technology, and overall direction.
• Execute on a software architecture and development plan to bring products to life
• Work hand-in-hand with the product and design teams to craft new features
• Work alongside the web engineering to build connections between the FiftyThree family of products
• Propose novel solutions to design and technical challenges
• Lead, manage, and resolve technical or design discussions or conflicts
• Vet technical and schedule risks, raising issues early and offering solutions
• Develop all software according to coding standards and processes, which you also help define
• Perform reviews of other engineers' code, designs, and architectures
• Mentor junior engineers
• Make use of unit and integration tests wherever possible
• Participate in in-house hackathons and engineering events
• Participate in the interview process for new team members
• BS degree in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent practical experience
• A solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and software design
• 5+ years professional software development experience
• Possess a real passion for building custom user experiences
• Able to communicate complex technical concepts effectively
• Able to work effectively in a cross-disciplinary environment
• Experience architecting and developing native mobile applications
• Fluent in Objective-C, C++, Swift, or similar language(s)
• Expertise in UIKit and essential iOS libraries and tools
• Experience with OpenGL(ES) is a plus
• Experience with the Apple submission/release pipeline is a plus
• Proficient with Git or similar revision control systems, branching models, and release processes
• Medical, Dental, Vision, 401(K)
• Life Insurance
• Commuter Benefits
• Catered in-office lunches twice weekly and fully stocked pantry
• Flexible Time Off Policy
• Paid Parental Leave
• Employee Equity Program
We are an equal opportunity employer and strongly value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
FiftyThree builds tools that make ideas better. They are the makers of Paper, the fast and beautiful productivity app for getting ideas down, and Pencil, the award-winning stylus, and Paste the fastest way for teams to gather, organize, and share their ideas. Internationally recognized for design excellence and innovation, they’ve received awards from Apple, IDSA, The Edison Awards, and IxDA.
Want to learn more about FiftyThree? Visit FiftyThree's website.
Impact everything around you.