Manager, Video Engagement, Topic.com
First Look Media, New York, NY
See jobs at First Look Media
The Manager, Video Engagement will work with Topic.com’s Director, Video Engagement to sustain and help grow a large, loyal fan base wherever Topic video lives (social, OTT, etc).
The Manager will be responsible for scheduling social posts for all relevant accounts, proactively engaging with our community, and ensuring all video assets are properly optimized. They will also assist with the creative development of promotional initiatives, and help with the creation of compelling engagement campaigns.
The Manager will be an integral member of the Topic.com team and will report to the Director, Video Engagement, Topic.com.
- The Manager will package and schedule all videos for Topic across social and digital platforms.
- On behalf of the brand, be an active participant in the conversations happening online around Topic, and in general.
- Work with Director, Video Engagement on concepting and implementing organic engagement campaigns, developing clear goals.
- Help identify videos for acquisition and creators to collaborate with.
- Working with the internal and external video editors, ensure all videos are properly optimized/formatted/edited per platform.
- Making sure metadata, thumbnails, descriptions, caption files, and other ancillary materials are correctly entered everywhere.
- Working with platform reps to stay current on latest tools and technology available to us.
- Keep up to date on trends, strategies and the overall landscape of other video creation and distribution brands, whether boutique (i.e. BlackPills) or broad (YouTube, Hulu).
- Creating and maintaining tracking documents for all videos that Topic makes and distributes.
Background & Qualifications:
- 5+ years of relevant experience managing large social accounts and video especially (YouTube, Vimeo, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter).
- General knowledge of digital media landscape, including distribution companies, TV/OTT, and general video trends.
- Proven experience interacting with audiences in ways that lead to growth
- Strong working knowledge and use of analytics tools for social and digital platforms
- Strong attention to detail, especially with regards to grammar and formatting
- Self-starter and highly organized
Topic is the entertainment studio and ambitious storytelling brand dedicated to supporting creators at the forefront of culture. From Academy Award®-winning films (Spotlight) to television (Losers), digital (aka Wyatt Cenac) and podcasts (Anthem, Missing Richard Simmons), we explore a wide range of subject matter, both fiction and nonfiction. Our approach – challenging, compelling and unconventional –reflects our commitment to discovering and amplifying independent new voices and supporting established ones.
About First Look Media
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism and documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media was created with the belief that independent perspectives are vital to both a vibrant culture and a thriving democracy.
First Look Media is currently in the market with its flagship properties, The Intercept, Topic, The Nib and Field of Vision, and plans to continue expanding its mission of supporting independent voices via a variety of new brands, formats and platforms as well as through foundational technology helping creators and audiences develop, distribute, discover and connect with meaningful stories.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
About First Look Media
A bold, independent spirit defines everything we do at First Look Media – from journalism that holds the powerful accountable, to arts & entertainment that shapes our culture. Launched by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media is built on the belief that freedom of expression and of the press, and fiercely independent perspectives, are vital to a healthy democracy and a vibrant culture. Through our award-winning entertainment studio, Topic, we develop, produce and finance content for all screens including feature films, television, digital series and podcasts. First Look’s entertainment business supports the work of our nonprofit side, which is home to The Intercept, dedicated to fearless, adversarial journalism; Field of Vision, the filmmaker-driven documentary unit; and The Press Freedom Defense Fund, supporting journalists, filmmakers and others challenging actions that restrict press freedoms and impede access to information of public concern. First Look co-financed Spotlight, the 2016 Academy Award®-winning Best Picture and has continued to build an impressive slate of feature films under the Topic studio including: On the Other Side, with Carey Mulligan attached, which tells the story of Kate Webb, the female war correspondent who was held in captivity during the Vietnam War; Academy Award® nominated cinematographer Rodrigo Prieto’s (Silence) directorial debut of Bastard with Martin Scorsese and Emma Tillinger Koskoff of Sikelia Productions, alongside producer Jordan Horowitz (La La Land); My Abandonment directed by Academy Award®® nominee Debra Granik (Winter’s Bone, Down to the Bone) and starring Ben Foster (Hell or High Water, The Messenger). In addition to feature films, our documentary film roster includes: No Man’s Land, produced in association with Morgan Spurlock’s Warrior Poets, about the Patriot Movement; Nobody Speak: Hulk Hogan, Gawker & Trails of Free Press, directed by Brian Knappenberger, which premiered on Netflix; and the newly released Risk, from Academy Award® winner Laura Poitras (Citizenfour) about WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, which will premiere on Showtime this month. Our list of influential podcasts covering politics, current affairs and popular culture include the number one charting (iTunes) Missing Richard Simmons, Intercepted with Jeremy Scahill and Politically Re-Active with W. Kamau Bell and Hari Kondabolu. We also publish The Nib, a site for the most provocative satirical and political comics.
Want to learn more about First Look Media? Visit First Look Media's website.
Jobs You May Like
Data Scientist, Bikes & Scooters
Lyft, New York
Data Scientist - Foundation
Airbnb, San Francisco, United States
Part Time Data Analytics Instructor
General Assembly, Atlanta
Associate User Experience Researcher
Ibotta, Denver, CO
Human Performance Lab Intern
Brooks Running, US, Washington, Seattle, Corporate
Scoop, San Francisco, California