Field of Vision is seeking a highly organized Executive Assistant to provide administrative duties, scheduling and communication support for the Co-Founder and Executive Producer of Field of Vision. The ideal candidate will be proactive and anticipatory in approach, possess excellent judgment, pay a high attention to detail, strong organization and communication skills and demonstrate the ability to balance multiple priorities.
- Schedule meetings and calls for EP (when calls feature other members of Field of Vision team, work with various schedules to accommodate).
- Manage standing meetings for Field of Vision team that include EP
- Prepare meeting agendas, perform research for meetings, take minutes during meetings and follow up on action points
- Work closely with the EP to keep them well-informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately.
- Plan, coordinate, and ensure that the EP's schedule is effectively constructed with an eye to supporting expressed priorities.
- Assist with managing workflow for EP. With the assistance of EP’s direct reports, employee should learn to prioritize meetings and creative workflow for EP
- Manage meeting follow-up for EP and development process. This includes taking notes in meetings and making sure EP and development team are aware of and complete necessary next steps.
- Manage and update databases and reference materials for current and prospective projects
- Conduct research/analysis and produce reports as needed
- Manage external contacts; proactively recognizing who they are, who the primary contacts are, and keeping track of periodic communication needed for primary contacts.
- Work with EP to plan and track department wide travel and event attendance.
- Handle basic administrative duties: travel, expense reports, creation and maintenance of documents
- Assist with festival and award submissions for Field of Vision films
- Work with the Managing Director on administrative needs of invoicing, cost reports and monthly budget reporting. Assist in preparing and delivering monthly reports
- Work with the EP and the rest of the Field of Vision team on the continued evolution of the project tracking processes.
- To provide administrative assistance in implementing organizational projects and programs.
- Opportunity for some travel
- Other appropriately related projects/duties as assigned
Background + Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree or similar work experience with at least 1-2 years administrative exposure, preferably (but not required) in the film industry
- Demonstrated administrative experience
- Self-starter with excellent organization skills; able to anticipate needs and be proactive
- Should have strong communication and interpersonal skills; comfortable and efficient in team environment
- Ability to thrive in fast-paced setting
- Excellent organizational skills that reflect the ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to operate independently and remotely from a supervisor.
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
About FIRST LOOK MEDIA
First Look Media is a new-model media company devoted to supporting independent voices, from fearless investigative journalism and documentary filmmaking to smart, provocative entertainment. Launched in 2013 by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, FLM was founded on the fundamental belief that freedom of expression and of the press, and the power of storytelling, are vital to both a vibrant culture and a thriving democracy.
About Field of Vision
Field of Vision is a filmmaker-driven organization that commissions filmmakers and artists with developing and ongoing stories around the globe. Field of Vision is committed to advocating for the rights and needs of filmmakers, and supporting cinematic innovation and representation. Recent projects have included the Oscar®-winning feature AMERICAN FACTORY, the Oscar®-nominated features STRONG ISLAND; HALE COUNTY THIS MORNING, THIS EVENING; and Oscar®-nominated shorts A NIGHT AT THE GARDEN and IN THE ABSENCE, as well as the Emmy-winning feature CRIME + PUNISHMENT, and Emmy-nominated short THE SURRENDER.
Founded in 2015 and led by Co-Founder and Executive Producer Charlotte Cook, Field of Vision has commissioned, produced and/or supported more than 130 films - 45 features, 5 episodic series, and 85 short films. Field of Vision has an ongoing commitment supporting innovation and diversity and as such 54% of Field of Vision-supported films have been directed by women and 43% by filmmakers of color. This work has premiered at Sundance, Cannes, Toronto, Berlin, SXSW, Hot Docs, Tribeca, and IDFA, among many other festivals, winning multiple Grand Jury and other awards and nominations.
Distribution partners represent a wide range of media, from publishers the New Yorker and The Intercept and Teen Vogue; distributors NEON, Showtime, BBC, PBS, Hulu; and, exhibitors New York's IFC Center and London's Institute for Contemporary Arts.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer--people of color, people with disabilities, women, and LGBT candidates are strongly encouraged to apply; we are committed to a diverse workplace, and to supporting our staff with ongoing career development opportunities.
About First Look Media
A bold, independent spirit defines everything we do at First Look Media – from journalism that holds the powerful accountable, to arts & entertainment that shapes our culture. Launched by eBay founder and philanthropist Pierre Omidyar, First Look Media is built on the belief that freedom of expression and of the press, and fiercely independent perspectives, are vital to a healthy democracy and a vibrant culture. Through our award-winning entertainment studio, Topic, we develop, produce and finance content for all screens including feature films, television, digital series and podcasts. First Look’s entertainment business supports the work of our nonprofit side, which is home to The Intercept, dedicated to fearless, adversarial journalism; Field of Vision, the filmmaker-driven documentary unit; and The Press Freedom Defense Fund, supporting journalists, filmmakers and others challenging actions that restrict press freedoms and impede access to information of public concern. First Look co-financed Spotlight, the 2016 Academy Award®-winning Best Picture and has continued to build an impressive slate of feature films under the Topic studio including: On the Other Side, with Carey Mulligan attached, which tells the story of Kate Webb, the female war correspondent who was held in captivity during the Vietnam War; Academy Award® nominated cinematographer Rodrigo Prieto’s (Silence) directorial debut of Bastard with Martin Scorsese and Emma Tillinger Koskoff of Sikelia Productions, alongside producer Jordan Horowitz (La La Land); My Abandonment directed by Academy Award®® nominee Debra Granik (Winter’s Bone, Down to the Bone) and starring Ben Foster (Hell or High Water, The Messenger). In addition to feature films, our documentary film roster includes: No Man’s Land, produced in association with Morgan Spurlock’s Warrior Poets, about the Patriot Movement; Nobody Speak: Hulk Hogan, Gawker & Trails of Free Press, directed by Brian Knappenberger, which premiered on Netflix; and the newly released Risk, from Academy Award® winner Laura Poitras (Citizenfour) about WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange, which will premiere on Showtime this month. Our list of influential podcasts covering politics, current affairs and popular culture include the number one charting (iTunes) Missing Richard Simmons, Intercepted with Jeremy Scahill and Politically Re-Active with W. Kamau Bell and Hari Kondabolu. We also publish The Nib, a site for the most provocative satirical and political comics.
Want to learn more about First Look Media? Visit First Look Media's website.
Reddit is an American social news aggregation, web content rating, and discussion website.