First Orion is a leader in the call protection, call identification and call management industries, focusing on data-driven call transparency across the entire calling experience. We develop world-class data and technology solutions that help our business partners increase customer satisfaction, reduce risk associated with fraud and compliance, and yield more profitable calling solutions. Our applications and in-network services provide call and text blocking, spam and robocall tagging/blocking, call enhancement, caller identification, caller categorization, directory assistance and complaint filing with regulatory agencies in the US and abroad. First Orion protects and enhances the call experience for millions of consumers, provides solutions to some of the largest mobile service providers in the world, and features leading brands in the communication industry (including PrivacyStar) with headquarters in Little Rock, Arkansas and offices in Bellevue, WA, London, England and Dubai, UAE.
We are looking for a Network Security Engineer who will be responsible for providing network security solutions for all infrastructure used in our telecommunication solutions and systems, including hardware, software, tools, and facilities. Additional job responsibilities include:
- Implementing design changes and setting security parameters for networks
- Collaborating with managers and technical staff to solve problems and develop technical requirements
- Perform security functions to maintain and elevate security posture and implement proactive security best practices
- Develop and manage a security patch and vulnerability management program
- Patch management and vulnerability management as a security practice to proactively prevent the exploitation of vulnerabilities that exist within an organization
- Ensure that the perimeter and internal network devices are operated and maintained in accordance with company and federal policies
- Reviewing security architectures, firewall configuration, and security controls for current, new, and proposed systems
- Prevention and early detection and resolution of risks to high value assets
- Providing software vulnerability remediation advice to software developers and software development teams
- Develops or modifies operating procedures and manuals to solve complex network security problems
- Build domain knowledge of First Orion’s environment to understand long-term risk areas that could develop as the systems evolve
- Provide thought leadership by participating in security forums and collaborating with academic and research institutions
- Creating tools to help teams make the most out of the available infrastructure
- Issue troubleshooting, tracking and analysis for patterns and resolution
- Deployment and Maintenance coordination and execution
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement
- Telecommunication technology, processes and equipment (SIP, SBC, IMS, SS7, SIGTRAN)
- Broad technical skills that include Java, Python, VMWare, etc.
- Experience with Linux servers in virtualized environments
- Excellent knowledge of network tools such as Iptables, Linux IPVS and HAProxy
- Hands on experience in security systems, including firewalls, intrusion detections systems, anti-virus software, authentication systems, etc.
- Knowledge of the newest areas of security including Cloud technology, Big Data environments, Mobility, and virtualization technologies (AWS, VMWare, Open Stack)
- Thorough understanding of the latest security principles, techniques, and protocols
- Technical skill set to architect, implement and maintain operational solutions for monitoring, alerting and tracking issues
- Excellent communication skills
- Strong analytical skills to perform effective troubleshooting
- Ability to handle multiple task simultaneously in high stress environment, independently and as part of team
- Attention to detail and work product validation
- Analytical and process-oriented mindset
- Proactive research to prevent issues
- Team player able to effectively interact with colleagues and stake holders across the company
- Change management in complex environments
Nice To Have Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in a STEM field (Computer Science, Computer Communication, Systems Engineering) or related area of study
- Experience and detailed technical knowledge in multiple areas of: security engineering, system and network security, authentication and security protocols, cryptography, and application security
- 5+ years of network security experience, in telecommunications preferred
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience focused on telecommunications
- Network, Firewall, Network Security, and Network Administration experience
- Experience with developing security test plans, Plan of Actions & Milestones (POA&Ms), and other ATO artifacts
- Experience running vulnerability scans and Security Technology Implementation Guide (STIGs), as well as understanding and mitigating findings
- Experience maintaining large scale implementations
- Network Protocol Analysis (Wireshark, Opnet, Gigamon, etc) – ability to dissect network telecommunication protocols over IP
- Linux Shell Scripting (CSH, KSH,BASH, and etc)
- Data-Driven Scripting (awk, sed, etc)
At First Orion we offer a competitive salary, full benefit package including matching 401(k) and an open paid time off policy. Our work environment is energetic, focused, fun, and collaborative. We’ve created a special culture where trust and transparency are key and employees are empowered to make their own decisions. Our people are passionate about what we do and have an indomitable spirit to get things done. Everyone is a part of the big picture here.
First Orion is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply today!
First Orion Corp. participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization.
About First Orion Corp.
At First Orion, we provide phone call transparency by empowering both consumers and businesses with world class data. We protect consumers from unwanted phone calls from unknown callers with our PrivacyStar call management software on industry leading mobile applications and in-network solutions. Further, we help businesses utilize our authoritative data to ensure that they are properly contacting the right customers or validating their customer data with accurate information. First Orion is headquartered in Little Rock, Arkansas with offices in Seattle, WA, Dallas, TX and London in the United Kingdom.