First Orion is an industry-leading call protection and data provider, developing software and services to enable our customers to take complete control over their telecommunications, powered by world-class data and technology solutions. Our applications and in-network services provide call and text blocking, spam and robocall blocking, caller identification, directory assistance and complaint filing with regulatory agencies in US and abroad. With our help, customers have blocked over 200 million numbers and continue to file over 300,000 complaints monthly against offending callers directly to federal agencies. First Orion provides solutions to some of the largest mobile service process in the world and features leading brands in the communication industry including PrivacyStar and Accudata with offices in Washington, Arkansas, Texas and London, England.
First Orion is seeking a talented DevOps Engineer to join a leading call protection and data provider in the Data Solutions Group. Individuals in this role will be responsible for helping to scale out our infrastructure by writing automation recipes which will help with software builds and releases, system monitoring and other day to day tasks.
- Software releases on periodic basis
- Create continuous build and code deployment through the environments
- Work with the team to maintain the development and testing infrastructure, such as installation of systems, patches, backups, upgrades, and security
- Work with developers and participation in the development process
- Continuously iterate and improve our systems
- Work with operations team to implement monitoring and provide runbooks for production support
- 2+ years of experience in a DevOps engineering role
- Good interpersonal skills, including abilities to be self-driven and work successfully in an Agile, multi-disciplinary team environment
- Experience of at least one virtual hosting environment (AWS preferred)
- Familiarity with continuous integration tools, such as Jenkins
- Experience administrating Linux systems
- Experience with writing Chef recipes
- Experience with Git version control
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
- Software release experience
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience working with Hadoop/Spark
- Experience working with AWS services (OpsWorks, RDS, S3, EC2, EMR)
- Knowledge about big data platforms
- Scripting experience (Bash or Python)
- Experience administrating Windows Server 2012 and Active Directory
At First Orion we offer a competitive salary, full benefit package including matching 401(k) and an open paid time off policy. Our work environment is energetic, focused, fun, and collaborative. We’ve created a special culture where trust and transparency are key and employees are empowered to make their own decisions. Our people are passionate about what we do and have an indomitable spirit to get things done. Everyone is a part of the big picture here.
First Orion is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply today!
About First Orion Corp.
At First Orion, we provide phone call transparency by empowering both consumers and businesses with world class data. We protect consumers from unwanted phone calls from unknown callers with our PrivacyStar call management software on industry leading mobile applications and in-network solutions. Further, we help businesses utilize our authoritative data to ensure that they are properly contacting the right customers or validating their customer data with accurate information. First Orion is headquartered in Little Rock, Arkansas with offices in Seattle, WA, Dallas, TX and London in the United Kingdom.
Want to learn more about First Orion Corp.? Visit First Orion Corp.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Staff Network Engineer
Box, Redwood City, CA
Senior Software Engineer, Media Management & Distribution
Group Nine Media, Group Nine Media - San Francisco, CA or New York, NY
ADstruc, New York City
Software Engineer - Seattle, WA
Dropbox, Seattle, WA
Senior Data Analyst - Rooster Teeth
Fullscreen, Austin, TX
Staff / Principal Database Engineer
Ripple, San Francisco, CA