Sr. Carrier Operations Network Engineer
First Orion Corp., Bellevue, WA
See jobs at First Orion Corp.
First Orion is an industry-leading call protection and data provider, developing software and services to enable our customers to take complete control over their telecommunications, powered by world-class data and technology solutions. Our applications and in-network services provide call and text blocking, spam and robocall blocking, caller identification, directory assistance and complaint filing with regulatory agencies in US and abroad. With our help, customers have blocked over 200 million numbers and continue to file over 300,000 complaints monthly against offending callers directly to federal agencies. First Orion provides solutions to some of the largest mobile service process in the world and features leading brands in the communication industry including PrivacyStar and Accudata with offices in Washington, Arkansas, Texas and London, England.
About The Job:
This role focuses on working with First Orion's carriers and internal engineer teams on streamlining processes and handling escalated issues with our partners.
Successful candidates will be have strong telecom experience working with SIP, SMPP, and/or other telephony protocols. They will know how to interface with carrier teams and properly troubleshoot all ranges of issues from one way audio to deploying new carrier interconnects. The successful candidate will be used to a high paced telecom environment with shifting priorities and understand how to juggle a wide range of issue types.
- Perform daily operational tasks on our automated Voice & Messaging platforms
- Research and recommend innovative, and where possible, automated approaches for routine tasks. Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
- Operate the various Voice & Messaging related services that are involved in the day to day operations of our network.
- Participate in design sessions for various network automation tooling and projects
- Deploy and on-board our carrier partners around the globe
- Participate with Engineering teams on design and architecture that involves Carrier Operations
- Diagnose, Troubleshoot, resolve service issues related to VoIP and Messaging telephony platforms and applications
- Participate in shared on call support rotation within Carrier Operations
- Audit fraud attack vectors on the network
- Study trends, and participate in scaling adjustments for capacity of components, resources and sessions
- Work with Engineering & Customer Service teams to collaborate on solutions and approach for persistence issues
- Develop and maintain operational process and procedure documents
- Minimum 7-8 years of Technical Operational experience with service provider networks
- Advanced level understanding of SIP, RTP, RTCP and related telephony protocols/standards
- Proficient in SMPP and related messaging protocols/standards
- Ability to perform SIP & RTP debugging and be proficient at reading and understanding traces
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong opinions on best practices for running a Telecommunications network
- Strong knowledge of both SIP and SS7 (SIGTRAN)
- Strong knowledge of both CS and IMS network architectures, components and protocols
- Knowledge of IN related protocols (CAMEL, INAP, AIN)
Nice To Have Skills:
- Experience with Session Border Controllers
- Strong understanding of CNAM/CNAP
- Strong understanding of cryptography and network security practices
- Proficient in SQL
- Advanced level understanding of SMPP and related messaging protocols/standards
At First Orion we offer a competitive salary, full benefit package including matching 401(k) and an open paid time off policy. Our work environment is energetic, focused, fun, and collaborative. We’ve created a special culture where trust and transparency are key and employees are empowered to make their own decisions. Our people are passionate about what we do and have an indomitable spirit to get things done. Everyone is a part of the big picture here.
First Orion is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply today!
About First Orion Corp.
At First Orion, we provide phone call transparency by empowering both consumers and businesses with world class data. We protect consumers from unwanted phone calls from unknown callers with our PrivacyStar call management software on industry leading mobile applications and in-network solutions. Further, we help businesses utilize our authoritative data to ensure that they are properly contacting the right customers or validating their customer data with accurate information. First Orion is headquartered in Little Rock, Arkansas with offices in Seattle, WA, Dallas, TX and London in the United Kingdom.
Want to learn more about First Orion Corp.? Visit First Orion Corp.'s website.
Jobs You May Like
Staff Data Scientist
The Sourcery, LeadCrunch
Marketing Campaign & Product Integrity Analyst, New Grad - Summer 2018
BounceX, New York
Senior Data Scientist - Customer Service
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Biology and General Science Teacher 2018-2019 SY
Alliance College-Ready Public Schools, Los Angeles, CA
Quantitative Markets Senior Analyst
Affirm, San Francisco, CA
Senior Analytics Engineer - Product Analytics
Netflix, Los Gatos, California