First Orion is a leader in the call protection, call identification and call management industries, focusing on data-driven call transparency across the entire calling experience. We develop world-class data and technology solutions that help our business partners increase customer satisfaction, reduce risk associated with fraud and compliance, and yield more profitable calling solutions. Our applications and in-network services provide call and text blocking, spam and robocall tagging/blocking, call enhancement, caller identification, caller categorization, directory assistance and complaint filing with regulatory agencies in the US and abroad. First Orion protects and enhances the call experience for millions of consumers, provides solutions to some of the largest mobile service providers in the world, and features leading brands in the communication industry (including PrivacyStar) with headquarters in Little Rock, Arkansas and offices in Bellevue, WA, London, England and Dubai, UAE.
First Orion is seeking a talented Senior Data Analyst to join a leading mobile software vendor in the Data Solutions Group. This is a dynamic and diverse role requiring extensive analytical, data product and business skills applied through the execution of data including development and creation of data content for use in data products and solutions. These activities are typically product or solution based designed for use by many clients or the focus of a single client who requires custom research and data development to solve a specific business problem.
- Compiling and preparing data from various sources for data analysis and data research
- Collaborating cross-functionally on assignments with stakeholders to understand the results of data analyses and research
- Demonstrating up-to-date expertise and applying this to the development, execution, and improvement of business solutions
- Leveraging analytics and data research with big data and visualization skills to provide support to data scientists and other parts of the data team
- Utilizing data analytics and research to partner with engineers on analytics application production deployment
- Provide, support, and assist in defining and implementing new data products or solutions for future business opportunities
- Identifying patterns and characteristics within the data warehouse(s)
- Designing and performing ETL processes for data manipulation
- Creating and monitoring the data quality metrics required to maintain quality thresholds
- Ensuring data quality by focusing on data accuracy and completeness
- Focus on short-term deliverables
- Assist in creating scoring and predictive models utilizing statistical concepts paired with data discovery techniques
- Assist in performing data aggregation functions and determining ways to categorize data components based upon existing and/or future client needs
- Degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Mathematics, Statistics, Physics, or Economics (strong econometric focus)
- 7-10+ years of experience in data analytics, data manipulation, business analytics, or a related area
- 5+ years of experience in SQL / NoSQL systems (preferably in big data)
- Programming experience in a language of your choice (Java/Scala/Python preferred)
- Experience with ETL process/procedures
- High curiosity and passionate about data discovery and data research
- Ability to perform verbal and visual storytelling with data
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently without constant supervision
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience in the telecommunications industry
- Amazon Web Services (or other cloud based) experience
- Hadoop/Spark experience
- AWS Redshift experience
- Knowledge about big data platforms
At First Orion we offer a competitive salary, full benefit package including matching 401(k) and an open paid time off policy. Our work environment is energetic, focused, fun, and collaborative. We’ve created a special culture where trust and transparency are key and employees are empowered to make their own decisions. Our people are passionate about what we do and have an indomitable spirit to get things done. Everyone is a part of the big picture here.
First Orion is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply today!
First Orion Corp. participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization.
About First Orion Corp.
At First Orion, we provide phone call transparency by empowering both consumers and businesses with world class data. We protect consumers from unwanted phone calls from unknown callers with our PrivacyStar call management software on industry leading mobile applications and in-network solutions. Further, we help businesses utilize our authoritative data to ensure that they are properly contacting the right customers or validating their customer data with accurate information. First Orion is headquartered in Little Rock, Arkansas with offices in Seattle, WA, Dallas, TX and London in the United Kingdom.