First Orion is a leader in the call protection, call identification and call management industries, focusing on data-driven call transparency across the entire calling experience. We develop world-class data and technology solutions that help our business partners increase customer satisfaction, reduce risk associated with fraud and compliance, and yield more profitable calling solutions. Our applications and in-network services provide call and text blocking, spam and robocall tagging/blocking, call enhancement, caller identification, caller categorization, directory assistance and complaint filing with regulatory agencies in the US and abroad. First Orion protects and enhances the call experience for millions of consumers, provides solutions to some of the largest mobile service providers in the world, and features leading brands in the communication industry (including PrivacyStar) with headquarters in Little Rock, Arkansas and offices in Bellevue, WA, London, England and Dubai, UAE.
First Orion is seeking a talented and highly motivated engineer to join a leading mobile software vendor in the Mobile Development and Architecture Group. This business group is responsible for providing mobile software and back end solutions and services to communications and enterprise clients. You will work on mobile application to communicate with the various carrier network services, backend data providers and workflows. The engineer will design, develop and maintain Android- and iOS based solutions, work directly with OEMs on the latest software and firmware and ensure high level of user satisfaction by creating a high quality user experience for mobile applications and services.
- Work in a fast paced carrier environment among internal and client facing teams
- Develop innovative and user-friendly user interface and help enhance user experience for the First Orion suite of applications
- Help identify, fix or improve current solutions using cutting edge mobile technologies and Android/iOS OS facilities and frameworks
- Work with network engineering, integration and operational teams to provide a high-quality end-to-end user experience
- Help define the future of First Orion applications by building innovative approaches to business problems on mobile devices enabled by modern communication networks
- Work with the backend engineering teams to ensure the most efficient use of the APIs and network services as well as help shape the new highly efficient APIs and Web Services to work with Android and iOS operating systems
- Participate in Continuous Integration, Code Coverage and App Store/Play Store release process, as well as other parts of the Application Development Lifecycle to ensure high quality and agility of the software development process
- Working advanced knowledge of app development on Android and IOS platforms, including the latest versions
- Strong working knowledge of Swift, Objective-C or C++ and Java
- Software development and debugging skills
- Knowledge of basic networking principles behind World Wide Web as well as skills in working with Web Services and APIs
- Ability to use Git for source control and management
Nice To Have Skills:
- Experience with Firebase Cloud Messaging and/or Apple Push Notification Service or PushKit
- Skills in managing and storing data on the device, including using CoreData and Realm mobile platform
- Experience with Firebase Cloud Messaging or Google Cloud Messaging
- Skills in managing and storing data on the device, including using SQLite and Realm mobile platform
- Experience in developing extensions, including iOS CallKit
- Experience with Unit testing and Automated Device testing
- Ability to create engaging user interfaces and knowledge of usability principles and Apple HIG
- Experience developing user-facing applications
- Experience in graphics manipulation or design
- Strong interpersonal and communication skill
At First Orion we offer a competitive salary, full benefit package including matching 401(k) and an open paid time off policy. Our work environment is energetic, focused, fun, and collaborative. We’ve created a special culture where trust and transparency are key and employees are empowered to make their own decisions. Our people are passionate about what we do and have an indomitable spirit to get things done. Everyone is a part of the big picture here.
First Orion is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer. Apply today!
First Orion Corp. participates in E-Verify to confirm work authorization.
About First Orion Corp.
At First Orion, we provide phone call transparency by empowering both consumers and businesses with world class data. We protect consumers from unwanted phone calls from unknown callers with our PrivacyStar call management software on industry leading mobile applications and in-network solutions. Further, we help businesses utilize our authoritative data to ensure that they are properly contacting the right customers or validating their customer data with accurate information. First Orion is headquartered in Little Rock, Arkansas with offices in Seattle, WA, Dallas, TX and London in the United Kingdom.