Fishbrain, Stockholm, Sweden
Connecting anglers to make fishing dreams come true, today and tomorrow.
Did you know that fishing is the world’s most popular hobby? We do! And here at Fishbrain we have created the world’s largest social network dedicated to people who love fishing. We want to make sure that we can give them the greatest experience possible and make their fishing dreams come true, no matter where they are in the world.
We have over 7 million users all over the world who have logged over 5 million catches in our app. We’re growing fast, both in our social network and in the company, which is why we’re looking for a Backend Engineer to join our team. We hope that it’s you.
Fishbrain's platform team designs, implements, and maintains scalable software architectures that are at the heart of our technology. The team moves fast and plays a pivotal role in ensuring the quality of the backend systems that power our Android and iOS apps.
- Design, build, and deploy highly scalable software systems (including microservices) written in Ruby on Rails and Golang.
- Produce high quality software using TDD in a continuous delivery environment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
What we are fishing for
- Bachelor's degree and/or MSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience and at least 3-5 years work experience.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals, including data structures, design patterns, and complexity analysis.
- Fluency in an OOP language, such as Ruby, Java, C++, or similar (Ruby strongly preferred).
- Experience with RDBMS as well as NoSQL databases, operating system internals, networking, and file systems are a plus.
- You're smart, get stuff done, have great energy, and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
We have trust in our employees which means that 1. you will be given a lot of responsibility from day one and 2. we value your opinions and and ideas. No matter the team, everything we do has an impact on our users and on Fishbrain as a company. Our culture is very important to us. If you have a “win as a team” mentality, are passionate and like to have fun, then Fishbrain is the place for you!
Feeling hooked? Throw us a line!
Keywords: Ruby, Go, Rust, Elixir, Graphql, tensorflow, microservices, backend, docker, elasticsearch, mysql, typescript, redis
WHO WE ARE Some of us are anglers. Some of us are parents. All of us are human. And we're also passionate about the outdoors and conservation. Together, we work to bring you the best app for fishing, hands down. There's a lot of thought and effort and fun that goes into that. Some of us work from Stockholm, Sweden. Some of us work from boats, casting lines and going to fishing tournaments. The office people and the boat people make sure to talk a lot. That's how we keep it real.
Want to learn more about Fishbrain? Visit Fishbrain's website.
Jobs You May Like
Product Design - Intern 2019
Quora, Mountain View, CA
Linux Systems Engineer (CI/CD)
Senior Product Manager, Core Product
ChowNow, Los Angeles, CA
Senior Event Planner
Pivotal Software, San Francisco, California
Senior Product Manager - Cloud Foundry - Palo Alto
Pivotal Software, Palo Alto, CA
Technical Product Manager
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL