Senior Backend Engineer
Fishbrain, Stockholm, Sweden
Connecting anglers to make fishing dreams come true, today and tomorrow.
We’re the next generation social network focused on sport fishing. Our platform deals with millions of data from anglers contributing to the community on a daily basis.
Fishbrain's platform team designs, implements, and maintains scalable software architectures that are at the heart of our technology. The team moves fast and plays a pivotal role in ensuring the quality of the backend systems that power our Android and iOS apps.
- Design, build, and deploy highly scalable software systems (including microservices) written in Ruby on Rails and Golang.
- Produce high quality software using TDD in a continuous delivery environment.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features.
Skills & Wish list
- Bachelor's degree and/or MSc in Computer Science or equivalent experience and at least 3-5 years work experience.
- Strong software engineering fundamentals, including data structures, design patterns, and complexity analysis.
- Fluency in an OOP language, such as Ruby, Java, C++, or similar (Ruby strongly preferred).
- Experience with RDBMS as well as NoSQL databases, operating system internals, networking, and file systems are a plus.
- You're smart, get stuff done, have great energy, and thrive in a fast-paced startup environment.
WHO WE ARE Some of us are anglers. Some of us are parents. All of us are human. And we're also passionate about the outdoors and conservation. Together, we work to bring you the best app for fishing, hands down. There's a lot of thought and effort and fun that goes into that. Some of us work from Stockholm, Sweden. Some of us work from boats, casting lines and going to fishing tournaments. The office people and the boat people make sure to talk a lot. That's how we keep it real.
Want to learn more about Fishbrain? Visit Fishbrain's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Product Designer
Curalate, Seattle, WA
Product Manager, Growth
DoorDash, San Francisco, CA
Product Manager, Infrastructure
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Analytics & Optimization Analyst
GoodRx, Santa Monica
Sr. Product Designer (IxD/Account & Identity)
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Paxata, Columbus, OH