Senior GL Accountant
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Fitbit is looking for a Senior GL Accountant to lead the Consolidation process and support the Accounting and Finance team in San Francisco. The Senior Accountant will report to the Accounting Manager and will be directly involved with financial consolidation, reporting, month-end close, day to day general ledger accounting and working with the Company’s external auditors. We are looking for a high-energy, hands-on individual that has the ability to work independently providing advanced technical accounting expertise in support of the company’s accounting policies and initiatives. The Senior Accountant will be expected to exhibit the highest professional standards and attention to detail while working on numerous routine and ad hoc accounting support functions. Other valued attributes that we are seeking are a strong work ethic, and consistent performance with a sense of urgency and commitment.
- Perform monthly consolidation in ERP of 20+ legal entities under ASC 810
- Prepare monthly allocations during consolidation and review and recommend updates to allocations as needed
- Prepare monthly reporting package including income statement, balance sheet and key metrics for Senior Management
- Maintain Chart of Accounts and update ERP for any changes to account structure in adherence with SOX controls
- Update ERP for any new legal entities and maintain documentation on functional currency
- Work with Tax Department to review and record Transfer Pricing and Cost Share journal entries
- Review and understand foreign currency transactions and the financial statement impact, including translation and revaluation under ASC 830
- Perform financial statement analysis and provide relevant and substantive explanations in accounts on both a consolidated and entity-level basis
- Coordinate with Treasury Department on monthly hedging activity under ASC 815
- Work cross functionally with Tax, Treasury, FP&A, HR and other departments
- Draft and update Accounting policies under US GAAP
- Work with external auditors to provide support for SEC filings
- Contribute to scaling the Accounting and Finance department for a high-growth company
- Assist and lead ad-hoc Accounting and non-Accounting projects
The Senior Accountant should be able to demonstrate the ability to work on and prioritize multiple projects while also meeting goals and deadlines.
- BS or BA in Accounting or related field
- CPA or equivalent preferred
- Strong understanding and experience with ASC 830 (Foreign Currency), ASC 810 (Consolidations) and intercompany transactions
- 4+ years’ experience (public accounting or Big 4 is a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong MS Excel and Word skills
- Experience with SAP a plus
- Strong customer service orientation and attention to detail
- Ability to understand the big picture
- Be team-oriented and have confidence in dealing with people at all organizational levels within Fitbit
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Consultant - Canada
Hortonworks, Toronto or Montreal
Associate General Counsel, Trips
Airbnb, San Francisco, California
Production Finance - Associate EMEA
Netflix, Amsterdam, Netherlands
Head of Finance
Prodigy Finance, Cape Town
Senior Revenue Management Analyst
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Eventbrite, Nashville, Tennessee