Technical Program Manager
Fitbit, China - Shanghai
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Our Shanghai office is located in the Huangpu district, on the bustling Hubin Road. The Grade-A office building is in close proximity to multiple Metro stations, thus offering easy access to the rest of the city. The Xintiandi entertainment district is within walking distance, filled with bars, restaurants and boutique shops. Our local team consists of a wide range of extraordinary talent from Embedded Engineers to Manufacturing & Supply Chain specialists.
What You’ll Work On:
- Define and establish processes, procedures, and systems to enable the outsourced manufacturing (CM/JDM) and suppliers of Fitbit products to achieve best in class products.
- Provide necessary training and support for developing and managing the CM/JDM of Fitbit products.
- Establishes statistical reliability by using mean time before failure, reliability modelling, and reliability demonstration tests.
- Support to develops sampling plans by applying attribute, variable, and sequential sampling methods.
- Provides direction & management to Contract Manufacturing/JDM and partners to ensure their manufacturing processes and production controls are appropriate and accurately measured.
- Manage the program and continuous improvements throughout the supply chain.
- Analyze data by completing hypothesis, normal distribution, and process capability analysis tests
- Support regular audits to ensure that the specified process instructions or requirements are being followed as required
- Support vendor/supplier qualification efforts in order to assure consistent delivery of products to meet the business forecasts
- Assists all manufacturers and strategic partners in resolving issues surrounding specifications, component selection, and procedures and works to address any CARs/SCARs
- Reviews the product RMA rates and works with internal departments to get any pertinent feedback into the Operations and Engineering information flow so that issues can be analyzed for root cause and correction.
- 5 years work experience, preferably more than 3 yrs. experience in an industrial environment, professional in relevant manufacturing technology, lean-sigma manufacturing. Preferably in domestic electronic/electrical device industry.
- In depth understanding of manufacturing system in SMT – Automation - FATP, tools, equipment and manufacturing analytical skills.
- Expert in modern engineering methods, tools and manufacturing processes
- In-depth knowledge of project management, process improvements and cost optimization
- Strong communication skills with cross functional teams
- Good oral & written English & Chinese communication language.
- Independent, Proactive, Result oriented
- BS/MS in Technical/Engineering relevant discipline
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.