Senior RF Test Engineer
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for everything regarding RF testing on all new and legacy Fitbit products, ensuring the very best experience for our users in the smallest possible device size.
What You’ll Work On:
- Build RF expertise within Fitbit’s Test Engineering and Manufacturing Team
- Support, define & design the testing of hardware for new and legacy products, acting as the RF expert on the Test Engineering team
- Collaborate closely with EE during new product bring-up to understand product performance and test metrics with the goal of transitioning to a factory environment
- Work closely with both internal and external engineering groups: compliance, ME, EE
- Define test methods for evaluating RF performance, while understanding the differing environments and goals of QA, DVT and Manufacturing Test
- Collaborate closely within the Test Engineering group on production test fixtures to ensure good RF test coverage and reproducible results
Who you are:
- Must have 8 or more years of testing engineering experience
- At least 5 year experience in test software development in LabVIEW and/or TestStand
- Ability to design testing road map, plan and implement to schedule
- Must have hands-on experience working in a lab environment as well as manufacturing
- Experience in functional test development for testing Wifi, Bluetooth and GPS in the factory
- Experience and understanding of RF component characteristics and behavior
- Must be able to work well in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Some travel (likely less than 25% but could be higher at times) to CMs in Asia is expected. This is typically during major events such as EVT, DVT & PVT.
- Ability to work on your own and within a team
- Ability to have fun & enjoy the job as well as the company
- BSEE or BS in Computer Science. MS preferred.
- Solid knowledge in RF & test development using LabVIEW
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Site Reliability Engineer
Palantir Technologies, London, United Kingdom
Software Engineer Intern - Summer 2018
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA; Seattle, WA; New York, NY
Software Engineer (Data Science)
CB Insights, New York
Senior DevOps Engineer
TripAdvisor, Dublin, IE
Senior Tools Programmer
PlayStation, Playa Vista, CA