Program Manager - Platform Marketing
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Fitbit is now a publicly-traded company creating award-winning products and services that are available across the globe. We’re transforming the way the world sees health & fitness. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public—offering a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like free lunches, Friday happy hours, on-site fitness classes and more. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is made up of three modern buildings located at the heart of SOMA in San Francisco. Monday-Friday you can feast your eyes on amazing views of the skyline, then feast yourself on some of the city’s best food trucks, lunch spots and coffee shops. When you’ve had your fill, lace up and make your way to the Ferry Building for the perfect post-work run or walk along the water (with the Bay Bridge as your backdrop)!
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
The Program Manager for Platform Marketing will be the principal conduit between the Platform Marketing and Engineering teams and responsible for managing a portfolio of projects enhancing continuous delivery and integration for the larger Marketing department. The role will be involved in the strategic planning of short and long-term initiatives and work cross-functionally with stakeholders, business owners and subject matter experts to gather, analyze, and develop project scope and technical briefs.
- Work with business stakeholders to develop business cases, identify requirements and create briefs to support the business needs
- Track complex, cross organizational projects while maintaining focus on their strategic goals and objectives
- Leverage traditional project management skills to ensure reliable, on-time delivery and meet rapidly changing business demands
- Handle multiple, competing priorities with suitable urgency to drive issues to completion
- Responsible for managing projects with aggressive timelines using agile and scrum best practices
- Perform analysis, manage risk, identify and influence necessary course corrections, creatively solve problems, and communicate project status and activities across multiple levels of management
- Initial scoping of project(s), managing scope creep/change within an Agile framework
- Perform day-to-day project management responsibilities
- Communicate with business stakeholders, improving transparency and radiating information
- Partner with Creative and Engineering project leads to coordinate planning
- Liaison with key business stakeholders
- Partner with scrum masters, program managers and other interested parties to continuously improve agile effectiveness
You can influence outcomes directly and indirectly, gaining consensus through relationship building, data analysis and effective presentation. You are a results-driven, strong team player and who is willing to roll up your sleeves to help accomplish objectives.
Qualifications will include:
- Bachelor’s degree with 4 years of project management experience within the technology sector
- 3 years of agile software delivery experience, preferably using Scrum
- Expertise in providing cross-organizational management of software development and delivery from initiation through delivery
- Proven ability to communicate effectively across multiple levels of organization
- Must be a team player with the ability to work within a collaborative environment
- Thorough understanding of software development lifecycle
- Knowledge of JIRA and Confluence is a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Digital Marketing Associate
Instacart, San Francisco, California
Netflix, Los Angeles, California
Sr. Logistics Associate
Harry’s, New York, NY
Tradeshow Event Marketing Coordinator
The Linux Foundation, Remote
PR Intern, Spring 2018
Birchbox, New York
Manager, Consumer PR - Latin America
Netflix, Alphaville, Brazil