Lead Software Engineer in Test
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration, and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Fitbit is now a publicly-traded company creating award-winning products and services that are available across the globe. We’re transforming the way the world sees health & fitness. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto. Our culture combines the spirit of a startup with the perks of being public—offering a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like Friday happy hours, on-site fitness classes and more. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is made up of three modern buildings located at the heart of SOMA in San Francisco. Monday-Friday you can feast your eyes on amazing views of the skyline, then feast yourself on some of the city’s best food trucks, lunch spots and coffee shops. When you’ve had your fill, lace up and make your way to the Ferry Building for the perfect post-work run or walk along the water (with the Bay Bridge as your backdrop)!
Fitbit is looking for a Software Engineer in Test that has experience leading the design and building of an automated test infrastructure for our microservices architecture. The successful candidate understands the complex and shifting relationships of services, as well as the multiple layers of testing required in order to completely and efficiently test a distributed system. You are a software engineer with a passion for quality and you strongly advocate that tests must be an integral part of microservices development for both pre- and post-production environments.
Responsibilities include (but not limited to):
- Lead and develop the test engineering efforts to design, build and maintain a stable and extendable test infrastructure to support test automation for microservices architecture
- Integrate automated tests into a continuous delivery pipeline
- Create and maintain test design documentation that can be used by development teams
- Mentor other Software and Quality Engineers on how to effectively test the different layers of microservices
- Work on enforcing defined quality metrics and provide visibility to key stakeholders
In order to be successful in this position, you will need to have:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in a STEM discipline
- 7+ years of Software Development experience architecting and developing large scale distributed systems
- Solid understanding of SOA/ microservices architecture and the various layers of testing required for this environment. Comfortable with containers, service discovery and orchestration, and synchronous/asynchronous communication methods.
- Good understanding of Software Engineering principles
- Proven programming experience using Java or similar OO languages
- Experience with at least one scripting language such as Python or Ruby or similar
- Experience working in a continuous delivery environment with a solid understanding of tools such as Jenkins, Gradle
- Experience with static analysis tools
- Solid understanding of testing methodologies, especially in an SOA/microservices architecture
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.