Senior Manufacturing Engineer - CNC
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
As a CNC Manufacturing Engineer you will be responsible to assess manufacturability and determine production requirements for complex CNC machined components and sub-assemblies.
What you'll work on:
- Works with Product team in the early design process for new
- Identifies CNC processes and equipment required for successful introduction of new products into the Fitbit manufacturing supplier
- Expert mechanical fabrication understanding of the metal and plastics components
- Develops CNC manufacturing processes by identifying product requirements; researching, designing; conferring with equipment
- Has background in the Dfx process to improve product design and
- Support the product from concept to product launch by providing production support with respect to qualifying fixtures, SOP, and failure analysis.
- Improves manufacturing efficiency by analyzing and planning work flow, space requirements, production capacity and equipment
- Applies statistical methods to estimate future manufacturing requirements and proposes and manages DOE ( Design of Experiment) to develop and verify product
- Analyze models, drawings, parts lists, and other data to determine scope of work, manufacturing requirements, feasibility for manufacturing, and minimum lead time
- Experience working with CNC machines, such as 3-, 4-, 5-axis mill, 2-axis and live-tooling lathe
- Provides manufacturing decision-making information by calculating production, labor, and material costs; reviewing production schedules; estimating future
- Prepares product and process reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and
- Has strong leadership skills to involve other groups in the company and champion new ideas such as automation, new manufacturing concepts, and advanced methods to build quality product at high
- Provides manufacturing engineering information by answering questions and Presents information to cross functional team when required.
- Completes design and development projects by training and guiding production
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as
- Supports Fitbit’s Asian suppliers for successful NPI programs
Who you are:
- 5-8 years of experience working in high volume Consumer Device or Medical Device Manufacturing
- BSME Degree or Equivalent Experience
- Experience with China based mechanical fabrication suppliers a plus.
- Understanding of MIM, Plastics and metals finishing and processes, CNC process- Machining, lathing, grinding.
- Familiarity with sheet metal, waterjet cutting, and EDM a plus
- Strong process knowledge and skills
- Experience with DOE (Design of Experiment)
- Understanding of GD&T and conventional (coordinate) tolerancing.
- Experience dealing with small complex products and manufacturing processes
- Experience with manufacturing methods and procedures, Quality, Component Engineering, Product Development, presenting of technical Information, CAD/CAM Circuit
- JMP, Minitab & Six Sigma experience a plus.
- 25% Travel Required, travel in China with the possibility of International travel.
- Able to work effectively independently with little direction
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.