Mechanical Design Engineer - Intern
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
We are looking for a Mechanical Design Engineer Intern to aid in all aspects of the mechanical design of our products. This person will help design the mechanical components of Fitbit products to ensure cost, schedule, function and manufacturability goals are met.
- Work with Industrial Design firm on product design approach
- Conduct rapid feasibility studies to design for optimal cost, schedule, and performance.
- Design mechanical components of
- Oversee internal and external prototyping
- Drive manufacturability and tooling
- Facilitate the appropriate use of Design reviews (internally and with external partners)
- Qualify tooling and first articles
- Contribute to the evolution of the Fitbit Design process including driving mechanical design validation processes
- BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering or Product Design
- Demonstrated passion for learning and engineering
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Product Design experience
- 3D CAD experience (Creo 2.0 preferred)
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Software Engineer, Front End
Rocket Lawyer, London
Software Engineer - iOS
Luno, South Africa
Software Engineer - Full-Stack
BounceX, New York
Engineer, Wiring System
SF Motors, Santa Clara
Senior Information Security Consultant
Front End Infrastructure & Performance Engineer
Slack, San Francisco