Senior Manufacturing Test Engineer - Shanghai
Fitbit, China - Shanghai
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007 as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Fitbit is now a publicly traded company creating award-winning products and services that are available across the globe. We’re transforming the way the world sees health & fitness. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto.
Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the advantages of being public, offering a competitive benefits package and amazing perks. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and above all have fun doing it.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
The successful candidate for this position will be responsible for test development and test solutions deployment on all new and legacy Fitbit products, ensuring the very best experience for our users in the smallest possible device size.
- Support, define & design the testing of hardware for new and legacyproducts at board level and system level for manufacturing
- Collaborate closely with EE during new product bring-up to understand product performance and test metrics with the goal of transitioning to a factory environment
- Work closely with both internal and external engineering groups: compliance, ME, EE to develop and implement factory test solutions.
- Define test methods for evaluating RF performance, while understanding the differing environments and goals of QA, DVT and Manufacturing Test
- Collaborate closely within the Test Engineering group on production test fixtures to ensure good test coverage and reproducible results
- Assures product and process quality by designing testing methods; verifying - product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes
- Provide technical support to new product engineering builds (EVT, DVT and PVT) in the factory.
Experience we'd like to see:
- Must have 8 or more years of testing engineering experience
- Developing test software in Labview and/or Test Stand
- Must have hands-on experience working in a lab environment as well as manufacturing
- Experience with Bluetooth, GPS and other wireless standards
- Must be able to work well in a fast-paced, cross-functional environment
- Some travel (likely less than 25% but could be higher at times) to CMs in Asia is expected. This is typically during major events such as EVT, DVT & PVT.
- Ability to work on your own and within a team
- Ability to have fun & enjoy the job as well as the company
- BS in science (EE or SW preferred but not required). MS preferred.
- Solid knowledge in RF & test engineering
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.