Staff Electrical Engineer
Fitbit, US - San Diego, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
What You’ll Work On:
- Produce innovative designs with consumer appeal to meet size, performance, cost, time to market, and quality targets
- Lead the hardware design for products, working closely with an interdisciplinary team
- Help define product features at ideation stages through definition lock
- Define EE architecture and execute EE product development through the entire life cycle
- Responsible for component selection, schematic capture, layout oversight, bringup, and debug
- Define test criteria, draft test plans for internal or remote teams
- Collaborate closely with ME and ID to maintain design intent. Work with ME on design elements that affect ESD, EMI, RF, and reliability
- Drive technology investigation projects to prepare new features and technologies for use in future products
- Travel to Asia for builds and tactical problem solving
- Mentor and develop junior engineers
- Track record of launching high volume electronics products. Low power product development experience is a plus.
- Deep knowledge in some of the following areas: batteries, power supplies, displays, touch, wireless protocols, RF & antennas, MCUs, signal integrity, mixed signal analog & audio, power management, biometric sensors
- Knowledge of the PCB design process and experience with Cadence or Altium tools.
- Proficiency with EE lab instruments and their use in verification and troubleshooting
- Experience with ODM, JDM, or CM models of product development. Comfortable with managing outsourced engineering support teams as well as full local design responsibility
- 10+ years of industry experience
- Product launch experience with high speed memory busses, displays, inertial sensors, high-sensitivity analog systems, or Bluetooth, Wifi, and GNSS radios.
- Self-starter and creative problem-solver
- Able to analyse engineering tradeoffs and make data-driven decisions, and then articulate and justify these to the cross functional team.
- Able to capture desired user needs and produce and refine innovative solutions to deliver them
- Programming experience using Python or C is a plus
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit Fitbit's website.
Jobs You May Like
iOS Developer (m/f) Berlin
Technical Program Manager, Data
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Software Engineer - Front-End Engineering
Zoox, Menlo Park, CA
Software Test Engineer - College Grad
Qualtrics , Seattle, Provo
Security DevOps Engineer
Quality Manager (Tokyo)
Essential Products, Japan