CMF Design Manager
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
What You’ll Work On:
As our CMF Design Manager, you will lead the strategic vision for CMF design across all new Fitbit products and advanced concept projects. You will also be responsible for managing and scaling the CMF design team. We will look to this leader to oversee trend analysis, our color story, palette design, and manufacturing processes that will make Fitbit products truly memorable.
- Create annual and seasonal CMF palettes that guide direction for all projects.
- Oversee and maintain the CMF lab/library.
- Lead research programs to identify relevant trends, materials, and manufacturing processes to inspire the rest of the design organization.
- Oversee CMF team support of manufacturing partners to ensure product quality.
- Lead project teams from early concept through production, balancing creative direction with management of project resources, schedules, and budgets.
- Manage, mentor, and lead a team of designers within the context of their projects and career development.
- Lead, organize, and collaborate with members of the Product Marketing and Engineering teams to define and execute on project goals.
- Work with other design team leaders to maintain a continually evolving culture of great design.
- Represent the design team in meetings and presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- 8+ years of progressive CMF design experience for consumer products (and the portfolio to prove it)
- 2+ years of design management experience
- Fluent in relevant software (Adobe CC, 3D CAD, MS Office, etc.), tools, materials (from consumer electronics to fashion), and manufacturing processes
- Thorough understanding and extensive hands-on experience with all phases of the CMF design process- from trend research and palette development to manufacturing execution
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication and presentation skills
- The ability to work seamlessly across functions
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in a relevant design field (Industrial Design, Graphic Design, etc.)
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.