Senior Indirect Global Category Manager - IT
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
The Senior Indirect Global Category Manager will be responsible for the development of sourcing strategies for IT related software, SAAS agreements and outsource data centers, the negotiation and successful execution of these strategies to deliver long term competitive advantage, maximizing value, and risk mitigation for the business. This position is responsible for owning and optimizing a spend category totaling over $75 million in spending via extensive cross-functional collaboration and mastery of all total cost of ownership (TCO)/strategic sourcing best practices.
What you'll work on:
- Develops and implements the sourcing strategy process for a variety of categories and moderate-to-high complex projects with minimal support and guidance
- Partner with key business stakeholders and leadership to understand and establish category requirements, development of sourcing strategy that meet the needs of the organization, while providing synergy in process and savings.
- Responsible for leading all sourcing activities such as the request for proposal process, negotiating with suppliers, vendor selection, contract creation, baseline and cost savings validation, and strategy execution
- Identify and develop cost-saving and profit-optimizing strategies.
- Develop and implement standard procedures for competitive bidding process, commodity/ service specific request for proposal documents.
- Effectively forges professional relationships with subordinate staff, internal customers, Indirect Sourcing colleagues, vendors and process partners.
- Collaborate with internal customers to enhance service, improve financial outcomes and become a valued business partner.
- Forges positive professional relationships with vendors to effectively manage performance. Performs Business Reviews for applicable prime vendors on a scheduled basis. Develops and manages vendor performance metrics (i.e. fill rate, invoice accuracy, policy compliance, etc.) for key business partners.
Who you are:
- Bachelor degree in field of expertise or equivalent combination of education/experience is required. A related master's degree preferred.
- 10 years plus years progressive experience in Indirect spend in the IT/Software Data Center arena. Strategic sourcing, competitive bidding, negotiations, vendor and contract management, value analysis, business case development, leading/facilitating teams, financial analysis, forging positive customer relationships. customers.
- Moderate to advanced proficiency with Excel, PowerPoint, data analysis, business case development, SAP ERP systems a plus.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Staff Software Engineer
Hortonworks, Bangalore, India
Ads Measurement Lead (East)
Pinterest, New York
Billing and Contracts Specialist (Contract)
Twitch, San Francisco, CA
Director of Fraud, Risk and Identity
Lyft, San Francisco, CA
Data Analyst Lead
Director, Content Demand Modeling
Netflix, Los Angeles, California