Senior Data Engineer, Reporting and Visualization Platform
Fitbit, US - Boston
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world.
Think you’ve found your fit?
What will you do?
- Manage, install, configure, tune and maintain reporting infrastructure, primarily Tableau and Looker
- Develop custom visualization solutions and methodologies leveraging packages like D3, R Shiny, etc.
- Integrate visualization and reporting tools with the data warehouse and technologies like Hive, Spark, etc.
- Evaluate new visualization and reporting technologies and determine the feasibility of integrating them with the Fitbit ecosystem
- Support systems during and after major/minor system upgrades and maintenances.
- Support reporting platform user/developer communities
- Develop, publish and promote reporting platform standards
- Define and create reporting platform system performance and utilization metrics and dashboards for monitoring and effective capacity planning
- Build tools to allow easy access of data through the reporting platform
Our ideal Senior Data Engineer, Reporting and Visualization Platform will have expertise in most (but preferably all) of these skills:
- Administering Tableau and/or Looker
- D3 and/or other custom visualization packages
- Full-stack engineering capability
- Experience with a scripting language (preferably Python) and automating processes
- Knowledge of authentication protocols (SSO, Kerberos, LDAP, SAML)
- Experience with Hive, Spark, MPP, relational databases, SQL
- Self-starter able to make an impact with little guidance
- Top notch written and verbal communication skills
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate based on race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Lead Software Engineer
MyFitnessPal, Austin, TX
Software Engineering Intern
PlayStation, San Francisco, CA
Software Defect Manager- Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Plantation, FL
Senior Software Engineer - Cloud (Platform)
eero, San Francisco
Autonomous Hardware Test Lead
Lyft, Palo Alto, CA
Senior Frontend Engineer
Slack, Vancouver, Canada