Manager/Senior Manager Internal Audit
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
About the Job
The Senior Manager of Internal Audit sits within Fitbit’s Internal Audit function and will report to the Head of Internal Audit. He/she will assist in the SOX planning and continuous monitoring of the company’s internal control environment. The success of this role will be based on building strong relationships with cross-functional partners and various levels of management to ensure objectives are effectively achieved and compliance with Sarbanes-Oxley requirements is met.
- Perform planning for Company’s Section 404 compliance efforts (e.g., risk assessment, materiality)
- Maintain and/or develop SOX documentation such as process flowcharts and control matrices
- Oversee testing of internal controls performed by external resources
- Partner with business process owners to improve process efficiencies and act as subject matter expert in the design, modification, or streamlining of process and controls in key areas such as inventory, order management, accounting and reporting, payable, etc.
- Facilitate external auditors with independent SOX 404 testing and coordination with process owners.
- Partner with the IT SOX team to align business process controls with IT controls design
- Review, assess, and evaluate control deficiencies, and adequacy of compensating controls.
- Collaborate with process and control owners for remediation of identified deficiencies, advising them on internal control enhancements or process changes, as appropriate;
- Lead and manage SOX-related projects (e.g., controls for new system implementation, new entities).
- Provide ongoing training to internal business functions with respect to internal controls
- Assist in the preparation of key metrics to deliver to senior leadership of the Company and the audit committee
- Participate in or lead other internal audit projects within the department as needed
Requirements and Desired Skills
- CPA with at least 6-10 years of audit experience with 3-5 years at a “Big 4” public accounting firm
- Detailed understanding of SOX testing methodologies, risk assessment practices, the COSO framework and PCAOB standards
- Experience in designing, monitoring, and evaluating internal controls for a multinational organization
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and influencing skills to drive internal controls strategy across the company
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to a fast paced culture, changes in the environment and shifts in priorities
- Excellent analytical, accounting and audit skills including project management and problem solving
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- Advanced Visio for process flow-chart design
- Experience with SAP
- Experience with Data Analytics or a strong excel user comfortable with manipulating large data sets
- Demonstrated integrity, values, principles, and work ethic
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Supervisor - Accounting Advisory Services
KPMG New Zealand, Auckland
Business Analytics Manager
WePay, Redwood City, CA
Accounts Payable Temp
BuzzFeed, New York
Sr. Accountant/Accounting Manager
AppLovin, Beijing, China
Assistant Corporate Controller
Looker, Santa Cruz
Music Clearance Specialist
Netflix, Los Angeles, California