Scrum Master - Embedded Team
Fitbit, Romania - Bucharest
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007 as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Fitbit is now a publicly traded company creating award-winning products and services that are available across the globe. We’re transforming the way the world sees health & fitness. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto.
Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the advantages of being public, offering a competitive benefits package and amazing perks. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and above all have fun doing it.
In our newest Fitbit office in Bucharest, located in the heart of the city, we are planning to build on the foundation laid by the Vector Watch team. We are looking to keep growing and this role will be fundamental to the continued success of Fitbit as we build exciting new products and services.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
Scrum Master - Embedded Team
As a Scrum Master, you will take on challenges in areas that may include:
- Coordinating daily stand up, sprint planning and any other scrum meetings (backlog grooming, release planning, etc.).
- Representing Bucharest team in all Sprint closure, dependency tracking or Scrum of Scrum meetings.
- Working with product owners to develop and prioritise backlog items
- Removes any impediments that would prevent the team from achieving its sprint goals (internal to the team as well as external, dealing with all cross functional teams as appropriate)
- Ensuring scrum process is followed properly:
- Help achieve potentially shippable product increment at every sprint
- Make sure team goes through scrum meetings with right objectives and set up achievable goals with necessary acceptance criteria
- Driving process improvements toward the consistent delivery of working product.
- Ensuring plan is widely communicated to all stakeholders including inter dependent cross-functional teams.
- Can act as project manager at times, e.g.:
- Clarify requirements, target timelines and dependencies
- Coordinate deliverables, identify staffing and gaps
- Establish project plan, estimate risks, drive issue resolution
- 2+ years as a Scrum master for a SW or FW development team
- Must be a certified Scrum Master
- Knowledge and experience with Agile techniques
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher preferred
- Knowledge of other project management methodologies a plus
- Experience in Firmware / Hardware a plus
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit Fitbit's website.
Jobs You May Like
DevOps Engineering Intern
Want to know more about job opportunities in the Middle East and Africa?
Nortal, Middle East or Africa
Camera Integration Engineer
Zoox, Menlo Park, CA
Executive Project Manager (w/m)
Technology Risk Senior Advisor
KPMG New Zealand, Wellington