Senior Global Category Manager
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Senior Global Category Manager leads the tactical day-to-day sourcing, strategic direction, and supplier management for specific categories of Indirect spend. Requires excellent skills in cross-functional project management, influencing cross-functional stakeholders, purchasing, supplier management, change management, and effective communication and presentation.
What you'll work on:
- Negotiate contracts and master agreements
- Ensure contract negotiations are inclusive of company-wide leverage
- Able to effectively collaborate and influence various engineering stakeholders
- Develop early engagement model with key commodity stakeholders in particular with the Customer servive and call centers community.
- Ability to identify areas for process improvement and drive end-to-end change and implementation.
- Responsible for overall supplier management of assigned network test equipment, testing services, test lab tools, and engineering testing software
- Drive purchasing and supplier selection decisions towards lowest 'total cost of ownership”
- Drive future supplier development and supplier vision to support best in class practices
- Identify full range of issues/items to be addressed in negotiations Identify and meet price, performance, cost savings requirements
- Translate business issues and operational issues into functional plans.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, English written and spoken required, other language a plus
- Able to effectively drive and lead meetings.
- Must be flexible, adaptable and be able to respond to shifting priorities Gather, analyze and present data; strong, effective analytics skillset within Excel
- Develop strategies and action plans Identify mission critical suppliers, pricing structures, service level agreements.
- Ability to work independently in a dynamic, complex, high tech business environment
- Gather global requirements and translate them into future requirements for supplier negotiation.
- Conduct supplier business review meetings; provide risk assessments/re-assessment of existing vendors.
- Develop and document sourcing strategies for given areas of responsibility
- Development of supplier scorecards Monitor supplier performance Demonstrated ability to present and communicate agendas, strategy, and action plans across organization and across all levels within a company.
- Works with stakeholders to recommend new suppliers.
- Develop and issue RF(X)s, analyzes proposals, negotiate price/delivery, lead team through a concise, objective, decision making process
- Reviews and approves purchase orders for compliance and suitability for Develops and complies with standard purchasing business policies and processes.
- Able to articulate and justify supplier selection Evaluates and fosters supplier relationships and reliability.
- Developing and implementing cost/pricing strategies
- Identify and exploit cost savings opportunities Achieve aggressive cost reductions/cost avoidance on assigned commodities Benchmark industry pricing trends
Who you are:
- A./B.S. level degree in engineering or business
- 5+ years of Indirect Procurement experience
- Has direct experience initiating, driving complex RFXs and the corresponding decision making process
- Demonstrated a very proactive work ethic, self-drive
- Demonstrated ability to drive and close cross-functional project initiatives
- Desire and ability to improve and make things better, more efficient, more effective
- Experience working in both national and international business environments
- 10 years global commodity management
- experience with Indirect Commodities Experience in change management
- Other Information: Travel < 5%
- SAP ERP experience a plus
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Segment, Dublin, Ireland
Dig Inn, Boston, MA
Business Développeur Catégorie Watch (H/F)
Vestiaire Collective, Paris
Senior Customer Success Manager
MuleSoft, Vienna, Virginia
English Community Operations Associate
Badoo, London, UK
Manufacturing Operations Support Engineer