Manager of Supply Chain Program Management (SCPM)
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
As the Manager of Supply Chain Program Management (SCPM) for Fitbit, you’ll be responsible for a team of SCPMs that are a critical part of the teams working on next generation Fitbit products. The ideal candidate will have direct experience in a manufacturing environment, an engineering degree or operations background, and a passion for health and fitness and transforming people’s lives. The SCPM Manager will work cross functionally with Product Development Engineering, Product management, Commodity management, Planning, Production management, Finance, Contract manufacturers, and Mechanical suppliers to:
- Develop a supply chain strategy for all key mechanical components early in the development process
- Shape sourcing decisions
- Develop a demand and supply picture, and balance those against operational goals.
Fitbit’s SCPM Manager leads a team of PM’s responsible for Mechanical Supply Chain readiness of all Fitbit’s new products, each of whose goal is to meet Product launch schedule, volume & quality targets. This position requires strong leadership, influencing and organization skills, and the ability to communicate seamlessly with all levels of the organization. Our ideal candidate needs to be adept at driving cross functional teams and developing robust business processes.
What You’ll Work On:
- Collaborate with leaders of Global Commodity Management, Supplier Development, Design Engineering, NPI Operations, Planning and Finance to build and deliver a robust supply chain for new products, and the business processes to support that effort.
- Define all Supply Chain deliverables, and manage resources, scope and schedule to meet product launch deliverables.
- Define SCPM group objectives that enable Fitbit to meet all Product Launch milestones efficiently, including cross-functional processes, the SCPM toolbox, and structured management escalations.
- Lead a team of Supply Chain Program Managers responsible for:
- Management of all Supply Chain deliverables and schedule, escalation of risks and mitigation plans.
- PM leadership for design releases of hard-tooled mechanical components, including tooling kick offs and ramp execution.
- Building & maintenance of Materials Ramp plans to support product launch requirements.
- Setting Supplier Capex capacity requirements, spending targets & establishment of the Supplier Plan-of-Record in collaboration w-Global Commodity Management team.
- Leadership of cross functional meetings to consolidate Supplier Capacity ramp progress vs. plan, including tool bring-up, yield improvement, and execution of risk mitigation strategies.
- Management of Pre-Production Build requirements to the Supply chain, and the delivery plan to support it.
- Leadership of cross-functional meetings to manage Supply-Chain NUDs (New, Unique, Different, Difficult), & develop risk management strategies for assurance of supply.
- Travel to Asia and other Fitbit sites as required
Who You Are:
- BS in Engineering, Business Admin or Supply Chain education minimum, MBA/MS a plus.
- Minimum 10 years of supply chain or factory related experience, including 5 years of Management experience.
- Technical experience working with Suppliers of high precision plastic & metal components.
- Experience leading and influencing in cross-functional team environments.
- Analytical and detail oriented.
- Proficient in Excel.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in improving cross-functional processes.
- Collaborative and team-oriented attitude.
- Self-motivated and ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit https://www.fitbit.com/
Jobs You May Like
Hospitality Clerk - Part time / Full time
Factory Berlin, Berlin
Yelp, Chicago, IL
HelloFresh, Verden, Germany
(Junior) Business Development Analyst - Product Development (m/f)
Manager, Walker Operations
Rover.com , Seattle
Operations Representative, Milton Keynes
Deliveroo, Milton Keynes