Fitbit, Romania - Bucharest
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to more than 1,700 employees, sold over 90 million devices, and built a health and wellness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto and back again! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use dashboard, Fitbit provides personalised experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergised focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health, we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health and fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of a startup with the advantages of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, a wellness stipend, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance.
In addition, we have made the following commitments to accelerate our high-performance culture and deliver on our business priorities:
- Champion the customer- to keep all of our customers top of mind, working to improve their experience and increase their satisfaction/loyalty
- Rally Together- to work as one, global, cross-functional team because together we get to stronger outcomes
- Embrace the Challenge- to recognise our unique opportunity to make an impact, taking ownership and initiative to advance our mission.
In our newest Fitbit office in Bucharest, located in the heart of the city, we are planning to build on the foundation laid by the Vector Watch team. We are looking to keep growing and this role will be fundamental to the continued success of Fitbit as we build exciting new products and services.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
About the role
About The Team
The Software Engineering organisation in Bucharest has several teams addressing different aspects of the business.
The Fitbit Developer Platform team is responsible for the status of the SDK which is used for developing 1st, 2nd and 3rd party apps for our trackers and smartwatches. This is a cross functional team, with members working on mobile, firmware, backend and frontend. Our stakeholders include other internal teams, external app developers, as well as end users.
The Gallery team is part of the Fitbit Developer Platform team. Our focus areas include:
- Mobile Gallery - The place where our users go to find and install apps and clock faces
- Web Gallery - The counterpart of Mobile Gallery for the web
- User Settings - The framework used to alter the applications / clock faces settings
- Gallery App Manager - The publishing tool used by developers for distributing and updating their apps/clock faces to Fitbit users
- Integration with other teams for delivering additional user experiences
- Experience with Task runners and package managers: npm, yarn, webpack, grunt
- Solid understanding of data structures, algorithms and framework internals
- Solid understanding of the full web stack technology
- Experienced in architecture design of high available web applications, testing, deployment and monitoring
- Experience working with high traffic, scalable web applications
- Experience with Cloud Service providers (GCP is preferred, Azure, AWS)
- Experience working with databases (SQL and/or NoSQL technologies)
- Experience in tuning servers for high throughput
- Always up to date with the latest technologies
- Interested in working closely across a variety of teams including product management, product designers and backend engineers
- Experience with TDD, BDD
- Ability to technically mentor colleagues
- Knowledge in agile and scrum methodologies
- Good English speaker and good communication skills
- Experience with Apache Mesos, Aurora, Linkerd, Thrift, Cassandra
- Experience with frontend frameworks: Ember.js, Angular, ReactJS, Vue.js
- Experience with microservices
- Experience in working with containers: Docker
- Experience with Flux/Redux
- Experience with Java development
In Fitbit’s Engineering organisation, our values form the guiding principles for how we show up to work every day. We're looking for candidates who will contribute accordingly, making our organisation stronger through the way they engage with their work and peers.
Fitbit Engineering Values:
- Respect the trust our customers place in us
- Own your success
- Help others succeed
- Know the “Why”
- Debate, commit, execute
- Make things we are proud of
- Leverage data to decide & iterate
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.