Senior Software Development Engineer in Test, Device Software
Fitbit, Romania - Bucharest
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007 as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Fitbit is now a publicly traded company creating award-winning products and services that are available across the globe. We’re transforming the way the world sees health & fitness. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto.
Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the advantages of being public, offering a competitive benefits package and amazing perks. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and above all have fun doing it.
In our newest Fitbit office in Bucharest, located in the heart of the city, we are planning to build on the foundation laid by the Vector Watch team. We are looking to keep growing and this role will be fundamental to the continued success of Fitbit as we build exciting new products and services.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
Senior Software Development Engineer in Test
Fitbit is looking for a SDET to join our growing Firmware Test team. As a SDET you will help shape the future of test and automation of wearable devices and fitness technology at Fitbit. We’re looking for a proactive engineer who has a passion and proven track record for testing and automating products from concept to delivery. We are looking for a new team member who is not afraid of a challenge and is looking forward to kickstart an automation initiative from scratch.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test, you will take on challenges in areas that may include:
- Design test specs and create test strategy for new and existing features
- Create, prioritize, and organize test cases into logical suites for both automated and manual execution
- Define test framework requirements and develop modules to automate feature test cases
- Automate test cases using firmware interfaces for functional, performance, and stress tests
- Create automated test tools to reduce manual test execution time
- Execute and monitor results of automated suites within our CI infrastructure
- Work with other engineers to increase manual and automated test coverage
- Research evolving test and automation trends
- Utilize test and development best practices, patterns, and processes within the engineering team
- Mentor junior engineers on testing best practices, patterns and processes
- Work in an Agile test environment
About the teams
The Software Engineering organization in Bucharest has several teams addressing different aspects of the business. In any of these teams, you will be able to contribute to world class developed applications.
The Device Software platforms team is responsible for the development and maintenance of the operating systems and firmware stacks that run on all Fitbit devices. A high degree of reliability and resource-efficiency are paramount to deliver quality products and a great user experience. Our main support is to the internal product and functional teams and, ultimately, to our end users.
- Bachelor’s in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or equivalent
- Passionate about technology and software development
- Great communication and collaboration skills
- Proficient in Python
- 5+ years of total experience in QA/Testing & Test Automation
- 1+ years experience with firmware or embedded devices
- Previous experience with Unix operating systems and networking
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills
Nice to have
- Work experience in an Agile development environment
- Experience with Web automation (Selenium)
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit Fitbit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Lead Big Data Architect/Engineer (m/f/div)
Lead Systems Architect (REF17924Z) - Visa Digital Developer Platform (VDDP)
Visa, Austin TX, US
Director of Data Engineering
PatientPop, Santa Monica, CA
Desktop Application Developer - HelloFreshGO (m/f/x)
Senior Integrations Developer- Dell Boomi
Peloton, New York, NY