Fitbit, Romania - Bucharest
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007 as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Fitbit is now a publicly traded company creating award-winning products and services that are available across the globe. We’re transforming the way the world sees health & fitness. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto.
Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the advantages of being public, offering a competitive benefits package and amazing perks. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and above all have fun doing it.
In our newest Fitbit office in Bucharest, located in the heart of the city, we are planning to build on the foundation laid by the Vector Watch team. We are looking to keep growing and this role will be fundamental to the continued success of Fitbit as we build exciting new products and services.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
About the team
Fitbit’s Database Engineering team is expanding and we need smart, capable engineers to help us transform the way we design, deliver and manage our data platforms. We’re looking for all levels of skill in our new team members.
To succeed in our team, you will need to have a balance of MySQL or Cassandra knowledge, customer facing technical support experience, good scripting skills (Python preferred), and a drive to raise the bar for quality via automation and smart design.
Our current platform is a blend of MySQL (Percona) and Cassandra data solutions running on Linux. We’re a large scale, highly distributed environment with both conventional sharding and some pretty unique challenges. As we move further down our Application Micro Service roadmap these challenges will become even more interesting.
At Fitbit, the buck stops here when it comes to these data platforms, so while we drive the Technical Architecture and Roadmap for this space, we also operate a 24x7x365 operation to ensure that Fitbit customers see the highest possible availability and performance from our apps.
What You’ll Work On:
- Operational support for our data platforms and participation in a shared, “follow the sun” on-call rotation.
- Analysis and testing of new DB platform upgrades and enhancements.
- Collaborate with Infrastructure teams to understand and communicate new needs/requirements.
- Identify and address automation opportunities around our data platform management using open source tools.
- Capacity and Performance management of all Fitbit data platforms.
- Management of access, entitlement and security aspects of the data platforms.
- Participate in technical roadmap review and updates for our data platforms.
- Expertise administering MySQL, Cassandra or Amazon RDS/Aurora (2 years preferred)
- A solid working knowledge of source control and config management tools like Git, Puppet and Ansible (or similar). (1 year preferred)
- Experience with open source tools such as Percona Toolkit, Orchestrator, ProxySQL, nagios, prometheus, jenkins. (1 year preferred)
- Experience supporting mission critical / customer facing systems 24x7. (2 years preferred)
- Experience managing and supporting DBs in a Linux based environment, preferably large scale. (2 years preferred)
- Scripting skills and working knowledge of Python or similar language. (1 year preferred)
- Experience in designing and automating repetitive processes.
- The ability to work under pressure and multitask while still holding a high standard of quality.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit Fitbit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Junior Software Developer (m/w)
Staff SRE, Data - Logging
Box, Redwood City, CA
Sr. Unreal Developer, Contractor
Magic Leap, Inc., Fort Lauderdale, FL
Senior Front End Engineer
Tradeshift, Bucharest, Romania
Senior Software Engineer, Front End
Harry’s, New York, NY
Software Engineer, Data Privacy
Lyft, San Francisco, CA