Senior Mechanical Engineer
Fitbit, China - Shanghai
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Fitbit is now a publicly-traded company creating award-winning products and services that are available across the globe. We’re transforming the way the world sees health & fitness. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto.
Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public—offering a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like free lunches, Friday happy hours, on-site fitness classes and more. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Our Shanghai office is located in the Huangpu district, on the bustling Hubin Road. The Grade-A office building is in close proximity to multiple Metro stations, thus offering easy access to the rest of the city. The Xintiandi entertainment district is within walking distance, filled with bars, restaurants and boutique shops. Our local team consists of a wide range of extraordinary talent from Embedded Engineers to Manufacturing & Supply Chain specialists.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
- Investigation, evaluation, and selection of process and technologies to implement and achieve the ID and CMF intent
- Develop and deploy processes with the high yields and provide methods and tools for managing a high-volume manufacturing process
- Provides expertise in the science of anodizing and mechanical, chemical, electro-chemical surface treatments
- Research and identify novel approaches to surface treatments and influence across functions to continuously evolve and improve production
- Drive vendor capability to ensure chosen vendors are ready to support current and future technologies
- Provide leadership and influence across multiple functions: Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Design, CMF, VM, Procurement, Supplier Quality, Rel./WS Testing, Manufacturing, and Program Management
- Domestic and international travel up to 50%
- Any other duties the Employee may be instructed to carry out by the board of directors from time to time that are reasonably within the scope of the Employee’s job position and work capabilities
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in chemical engineering or material science engineering major
- Able to work independently and communicate with China-based suppliers. Fluency in both Mandarin and English is required.
- 10+ years of experience on surface treatment processes, especially on finishing and anodizing for consumer electronics products.
- Good at DOE for troubleshooting and data analysis based on deep chemical and material related knowledge and experience
- Understands the science of anodization, nano-mold surface treatments, properties of metals, and how they interact with chemical processes
- Experienced in mechanical surface treatments such as polishing, sand blasting and PVD
- Highly motivated to teach, learn, and contribute
Who you are
- Can balance time between projects
- Passionate about making things
- Capable of scaling yourself to build a team
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit Fitbit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Data Infrastructure Engineer
Box, Redwood City, CA
Technical Support Engineer
JW Player, London
Smarkets, Los Angeles
Senior Character Technical Artist
PlayStation, Santa Monica Studio
Senior Data Infrastructure Engineer (Contract), Content and Customer Service Engineering
PlayStation, Los Angeles, CA
Software Quality Engineering Director
SmartThings, Minneapolis, MN