Sr. Technical Program Manager
Fitbit, Taiwan - Taipei
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Our Taipei Office is located in the heart of the modern Xinyi District near the Taipei City Hall. The area is surrounded by up-scaled shopping malls, loads of delicious local eateries, and fine international dining.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will lead a cross-functional team in the execution and delivery of a Device Program. You will be accountable to oversee the end to end execution across all aspects of the delivery cycle, encompassing the development teams of Engineering (HW/SW/FW), Operations, Quality, and other supporting functions.
What You’ll Work On
- Lead a cross-functional team to the execution and delivery of our next generation of Fitbit Wearable Products.
- Develop and maintain the overall execution schedule for Device Programs, ensuring alignment across all sub-disciplines as well as ensuring all resource commitments are in place.
- Understand all critical dependencies to execute and deliver the product to market per defined metrics & targets
- Drive risk management activities within the Device Program, ensuring clear prioritization and identification of key risks with mitigation plans are in place.
- Own the overall readiness for all product development phase gates, ensuring that sub-disciplines have demonstrated required maturity targets.
- Tracks and owns the dashboard of key performance metrics for the Device Program.
- Communicates Program Status updates in relevant forums including Executive level updates.
- Provide leadership, promotes teamwork and collaboration amongst sub-disciplines to deliver products that meet Fitbit execution targets of cost, schedule, and quality, whilst managing and resolving any conflicts/blockers that may arise along the execution journey.
- Possess a deep understanding of an integrated Product Development processes that enables speed of execution in cross-functional teams to deliver high technology consumer products to market.
- 5+ years in a Program Management role, leading cross-functional hardware/software engineering and operations teams.
- Experience in working with both Agile and Waterfall development methodologies
- Proven track record in leading teams to deliver complex technology products to market.
- Experience in working within a Product Development Process that spans hardware/software, operations and product areas from the ideation phase through market launch.
- Experiences in working with Contract Manufacturers in Asia as well as with globally dispersed teams.
- Proven leadership skills and experience working with diverse technical disciplines, ability to influence and motivate others.
- Comfortable in rapid development cycles with aggressive goals. A cool head in tough situations.
- Ability to adapt quickly to new information and assess impact to the program
- Ability to be decisive without having all the information
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering or related field.
- Experience with Medical Device Product Development a plus.
- PMP / PMI-ACP / PMI-SP or equivalent certifications a plus
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit Fitbit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Partner Solutions Engineer
Cloudflare, Austin, Texas
Senior Software Engineer, Frontend
Knewton, New York, NY
Software Engineer in Test
NGINX, Cork, Ireland
Software Engineering Intern - Summer 2019
LogRhythm, Boulder, CO
Senior UI Designer
Lucid, New York
Data Platform Manager