Senior Mechanical Engineer
Fitbit, Taiwan - Taipei
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
Fitbit empowers and inspires you to lead a healthier, more active life. We design health and fitness products and experiences that fit seamlessly into your life — because achieving your goals comes from what you do every day. We give you the insights and encouragement to make smart choices, to see how small everyday changes add up to big results.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Fitbit is now a publicly-traded company creating award-winning products and services that are available across the globe. We’re transforming the way the world sees health & fitness. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto.
Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public—offering a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like free lunches, Friday happy hours, on-site fitness classes and more. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
The Taipei Office is located in the heart of the modern Xinyi District near the Taipei City Hall. The area is surrounded by up-scaled shopping malls, loads of delicious local eateries, and fine international dining.
We are looking for an experienced Mechanical Design Engineer to drive all aspects of the mechanical design of our products. You will work closely within a cross-functional team to design the mechanical components of Fitbit products to ensure mechanical robustness, function, manufacturability, time to market, and cost goals are met. You will drive decision making amidst ambiguity and competing priorities in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment. This is a highly visible position that will interact at all levels of the company. You will have the opportunity to make an impact on the products we develop and have ownership of our most challenging engineering problems.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
- Integrate with cross-functional teams to create high quality products that delight our customers.
- Work with ID to assess product features for manufacturability and recommend capable processes, equipment, etc.
- Contribute to the development of the mechanical product architecture.
- Detailed design of mechanical components, including complex assemblies and sub-systems.
- Conduct rapid feasibility studies to design for optimal mechanical robustness, schedule, and cost.
- Identify and execute on analysis (FEA, TA, etc.) for predictable and successful system builds.
- Oversee internal and external prototyping.
- Facilitate the appropriate use of design reviews.
- Work directly with part suppliers on DFM, tooling kick-off, tool bring-up, and tool/part qualification.
- Collaborate with local and overseas engineering and manufacturing teams to qualify tooling and define visual quality requirements.
- Work directly with our ODM/CM/JDM partners in support of system assembly build activities.
- Root cause analysis and corrective action implementation as a result of build issues and reliability testing.
- BS in Product Design, Mechanical Engineering, related discipline, or demonstrated equivalent experience.
- 4+ years of experience in designing consumer oriented products using a broad range of processes and materials, with an emphasis on highly cosmetic plastic/elastomer molding and metal parts (sheet metal, CNC, MIM, etc.).
- 4+ years experience working with overseas suppliers and ODM/CM/JDM partners, specifically designing and ramping high volume parts and assemblies.
- Experience with the development and integration of electro-mechanical components, such as display assemblies, batteries, and antenna.
- Experience in the areas of: Tolerance Analysis, Statistical Analysis, Design of Experiments, FEA, Thermal Design, DFMEA, DFA, etc.
- Expertise in 3D MCAD, Creo preferred.
- Highly motivated to teach, learn, and contribute.
- An ability to communicate well with cross-functional team members, efficiently collaborate to achieve project goals, and contribute positively to the engineering community.
- Domestic and international travel up to 25%.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit Fitbit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Agile Program Manager
Senior Cloud Data Architect
Cloudreach, Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, NewYorkCity, Norfolk, Philadelphia, RemoteUS , Reston, Seattle
Software Engineer - Core Experience
TripAdvisor, Needham, MA
Cloud Services - Software Engineering Manager
Looker, Santa Cruz
Senior Product Designer
Pivotal Software, London
IT Systems Engineer
Affirm, San Francisco, CA