Core Infrastructure Developer
Fitbit, Romania - Bucharest
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007 as a team of two with one big idea. Today, that idea has become a movement. Fitbit is now a publicly traded company creating award-winning products and services that are available across the globe. We’re transforming the way the world sees health & fitness. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto.
Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the advantages of being public, offering a competitive benefits package and amazing perks. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and above all have fun doing it.
In our newest Fitbit office in Bucharest, located in the heart of the city, we are planning to build on the foundation laid by the Vector Watch team. We are looking to keep growing and this role will be fundamental to the continued success of Fitbit as we build exciting new products and services.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
You'll be instrumental in providing support and tooling that underpins a phenomenal and continually available user experience. Our customers are uploading their tracking data and viewing stats all the time, so site performance is essential to customer satisfaction.
You'll participate in engineering automation throughout our infrastructure, furthering our Infrastructure as Code (IaC) platforms (puppet, ansible, terraform), increasing automation of internal services (python), enhancing our microservices platform (Aurora/Mesos), evangelizing and shepherding internal customers of these services (discovery, process, communication, documentation).
What you'll work with
You'll enjoy a wide range of engineering challenges. Major components we use daily are Python, Ubuntu/Linux, Aurora/Mesos, Puppet, Terraform, Bazel, HAProxy, Nginx, Zookeeper, and Ansible.
We utilize externally hosted bare metal servers, along with an increasing amount of cloud services. We favor coupling open source software with internal development to bridge gaps and achieve a highly performant system.
- Develop software automation and tooling to drive efficiencies and help us scale the core infrastructure that other services are built upon.
- Architect technical offerings, processes and documentation as we hand off services to other teams to operate and utilize.
- Shepherd internal customers on-boarding to our services, while ensuring we scale and remain competitive.
- Ensure the lifecycle and performance needs of our services met.
- Be available for time sensitive needs, escalations, and periodic on-call responsibilities.
- You have 5+ years of experience in operations and automation supporting large scale data center or cloud environments.
- Proficient in Linux system administration and operational needs at scale (python, CM/IAC tools, linux and python packaging, build systems, CI/CD).
- You are able to code (python), automate recurring needs, utilize and develop APIs, find ways to automate tasks and continually improve how we do things.
- Presentation and collaboration proficiency, ability to move from ideas to identifying key needs and action steps.
- You design processes to drive efficiency and consistency.
- You enjoy analyzing metrics to arrive at supportable data-driven conclusions.
- Able to develop plans and strategies, incrementally moving things forward in manageable steps in an always-available environment.
- Flexibility in working with geographically diverse team members.
- Exceptional communication and organization skills.
- You possess a detail-oriented mindset, both technically and interpersonally.
- You are self-motivated and driven to succeed.
- Able to extract key insights from data and communicate them effectively with others.
- Willingness to travel a few times per year for team meetings.
- Ability to tackle complex problems and engineer a successful future.
- Thrive in an evolving operational environment with continual iteration, responding to occasional unexpected production-level issues.
- Comfortable communicating via video conferencing.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit Fitbit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Cloud Infrastructure Engineer
Shape Security, Mountain View
Temp Software Engineer, Video Codec
PlayStation, San Mateo, CA
Software Developer Android
Andela, Nairobi, Kenya
Principal UI Software Engineer
RetailMeNot, Austin, Texas
Process Engineering Padawan (1 year paid internship)
Ginkgo Bioworks, Boston, MA