Senior Global Commodity Manager, Plastics
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Sr. Global Commodity Manager, Plastics
In this role, the candidate will lead the plastics molding commodity by developing a supply base that continuously optimizes cost and minimizes operational risk. In coordination with the Engineering team, the candidate will identify, select and develop a flexible, effective and dependable supply base in support of Fitbit's product roadmap.
- Drive multi-sourcing and create competitive environments with suppliers to support a negotiation strategy that achieves QOQ cost reduction targets
- Develop sourcing and negotiation strategies that deliver against business objectives and achieves sustainable relationships with suppliers
- Ensure NDA’s, SOW's are positioned appropriately before business is initiated; negotiate on multiple variables to award longer-term strategic contracts that result in significant cost reduction and improved service levels
- Identify new sources by evaluating core competencies and competitive positioning using industry cost models
- Create and present detailed commodity strategies to senior leadership on a frequent basis
- Develop key performance measures for suppliers; organize QBRs (Quarterly Business Reviews) with key suppliers to review quality, delivery, cost performance and improvement plans
- Oversee the contractual and commercial relationships with primary, raw material and sub-tier suppliers
- Support all regulatory and social responsibility compliance requirements
- Lead RFQ/RFI process in NPI, negotiate with bottoms-up analysis to achieve product cost targets
- Work collaboratively with Operations/NPI program management teams in multiple regions
- Foster early supplier involvement with design engineering to identify ‘design to cost’ opportunities
- Proactively identify project risks and employ mitigation plans for cost and schedule
- Identify supplier consolidation opportunities that will generate savings and decrease lead time
SME (Subject Matter Expert) Background
The candidate should possess strong communication and networking skills with all design engineering functions. This person leverages their expertise to coordinate supplier capabilities with the needs of ID (Industrial Design), CMF (Color Material Finish), and Advanced Development teams. This person drives lowest cost options for molded components via DFM, bottoms up cost analysis, and by leveraging their deep understanding of resins, tool design, molding processes and finishes.
This person will drive strategic sourcing by acquiring a deep understanding of Fitbit product roadmaps and their relationship to current and future raw material selections and molding technologies available in the global market. Prior experience in China region is preferred with an excellent command of English & Mandarin.
The following relevant history/experience in this field is required:
- Multi-Shot Injection
- Rapid Heat Rapid Cool (RHRC)
- Compression Molding, Silicones & Rubber
- Insert Molding Injection
- Nano-Molding Technology (NMT)
- Hermetic Sealing with Glass, Metal & Plastic
- Specialty Coatings
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit Fitbit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Inbound Customer Care Agent - Casual Position
Eventbrite, Mendoza, Argentina
Technical Professional, Houston
Tachyus, Houston, TX
Lead, Growth Operations
WeWork, Shanghai Shanghai China
Director, Product Management, Data Strategy
PubMatic, Redwood City CA, US
Sales Territory Analyst (EMEA)