Manager, Product Strategy and Operations
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,800 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
What you'll work on:
The Fitbit Product team builds world-class, high engagement health and wellness products that over 25 million active users use. As Fitbit continues its rapid product portfolio growth trajectory, we’re seeking a highly collaborative Manager of Product and Operations to leverage the teams strengths across people & processes. In this role, you will drive culture, operational and product initiatives with team and cross functional stakeholders. You’ll ensure smooth operations of the team, identify opportunities for improvements and define new operational strategies.
You’ll use your keen observations of people, processes and technology to ensure a continuous improvement model ensuring successful building of new products at Fitbit.
- Product Strategy - Working with the business operations, strategy and finance teams on roadmap planning, liaison with the Fitbit’s internal planning teams.
- Honing customer lifetime value / net present value models with the business operations team
- Working on the long term business objectives spanning devices, Fitbit Health Solutions and consumer services.
- People strategy – Developing hiring and organization chart model, headcount budget, performance management model supporting a high performing team culture.
- Support new product team hires with a robust onboarding process
- Product Operating model - Provide executive review calendar, quarterly business review and board meeting prep materials.
- Oversee strategic product roadmap initiatives from development through successful execution under the guidance of SVP Product and be a key member of the product leadership team.
- Assist and communicate with executives in decision-making, program management, and initiative implementation
- Review, design, and execute on improvements to product team structure, find knowledge and skills gaps and help address them. Anticipate future hiring needs, plan and work with talent acquisition teams
- Improve current product processes especially related to engineering, product, program manager model, coordinate organizational procedures for optimized efficiency and productivity
Skills and Qualifications
- 5+ years of experience a fast-paced, product or software driven environment with a demonstrated track record of success in operational support of teams across operations, process and ideally product strategy
- Background in consulting, change management or product management
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; MBA strongly encourage
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit Fitbit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Director, Product (Fraud and Identity)
Lyft, San Francisco
Director of Product Marketing
Bluebeam, Inc., Pasadena
Content Designer, Studio XD
Netflix, Los Gatos, California
Aptos, Montreal, Canada
Head of Product, Skillz App
Skillz, San Francisco
Product Manager, UX
Oscar, New York