Head of Talent Acquisition - North America
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world.
Think you’ve found your fit? See what we’re looking for below and apply today.
Fitbit is looking for an exceptional talent acquisition leader to facilitate the success and continued impact of our North America team. You’re someone who finds challenge in strategic talent acquisition, has the ability to deliver current business needs while planning for growth and future talent needs, and have a passion for the tactical sides of talent scouting and match making.
We need a leader who is eager to see around the next corner and will ensure we are ready to meet those opportunities. You should have bold ideas, be influential at the executive level and ability to implement tactically at the ground level. You should be knowledgeable of current and emerging trends (e.g. cloud computing platforms, analytics & big data, AI and ML ) and a reputation for producing exceptional results by hiring the best, diverse talent!
The Head of North America TA will need to ensure we have an efficient operating model and the right capabilities to enable Fitbit’s dynamic business. They must be comfortable leading a high performing team of recruiting professionals and working resourcefully in a “scrappy” culture.
How You’ll Make An Impact
- Partner with business leaders, finance partners, and HR Business Partners to identify workforce needs, hot skill areas and competencies needed to strengthen our company and prepare it for the future
- Build the confidence of your key stakeholders with strong pipelines and interview slates of exceptional, diverse talent who have the capabilities we need to deliver and transform
- Assess and improve the talent acquisition operating model to ensure we maintain a world-class practice. You will be accountable for delivering the necessary data-led insights to inform our current and future plans
- Co-author our EVP, then refine and execute the recruiting brand to position Fitbit as an employer of choice
- Help us move from headcount planning to strategic workforce planning
- Coach clients on talent acquisition strategies; navigate and resolve supply and demand issues
- Design and implement unique programs that set Fitbit apart and support the company’s culture
- Contribute to the global talent strategy as a member and thought partner of the Talent Leadership team.
- Refine key recruitment metrics and measure ROI impact to the organization
- You’ll own the recruiting budget for our North American TA team and will have examples to share of how you’ve managed to prioritize spending for maximum impact.
You possess these high performance qualities
- Creative thinker: solving problems and utilizing talent creatively
- Hands-on: intellectually curious with natural initiative
- Multi-tasker: demonstrate an uncanny ability to prioritize key objectives while managing daily tactical requirements
- Agility: flexible with enough adaptability to operate in a technical, fast moving organization
- Interpersonally skilled: have a proven track record as a relationship builder, team player, collaborator, coach and facilitator
- Work ethic: willing to make the effort to achieve hyper-aggressive goals with a sense of urgency
- An excellent sense of humor and humility is a must!
What we expect you already do exceptionally well
- Manage, motivate and develop (with true passion) a talent acquisition team comprised of managers, recruiters, coordinators and sourcers.
- Coach and consult with hiring managers on recruitment and talent mobility best practices to ensure that talent acquisition is driving the business to meet and achieve its goals
- Expertly utilize innovative social media and internet marketing strategies to foster the best applicant pools and consumer messaging
- Co-own TA programs including: campus recruiting, candidate experience, and employee referrals
- Identify/Refine and track key recruitment metrics and measure ROI impact to the organization
- Establish sourcing and recruiting research strategies to create a viable, sustainable pipeline of exceptional, diverse talent
- Guide the TA team with creative strategies for attraction
- Provide counsel and partner with Finance, Total Rewards and benefits to ensure our competitive position
- Be comfortable providing insights and data on the function to an executive audience
You are inspired by:
- Making the world healthier through technology, data and community
- Working with amazing people, who are committed to changing people’s lives for the better
- Helping the best, diverse candidates Find their Fit with us
- A close knit team that works, plays, celebrates and challenges one another
To #FindYourFit with us, you need to have some experience, 10+ years preferably, in a regional or global talent acquisition leadership role. Current or prior experience at a high growth tech company is a MUST. You have a strong record of leading authentically, building trusting relationships and creating highly engaged teams. Proven experience communicating with impact to an executive audience will be essential. Strategic thinking, business acumen, consulting, coaching and analytical skills are a requirement. It's likely that you will have a Bachelors' Degree or equivalent experience.
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit Fitbit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Senior Technical Recruiter
Bootcamp Prep Instructor
App Academy, San Francisco, California
Director, Marketing, Placed
Snap Inc., Seattle, WA
Health Insurance Member Operations
Senior HR Business Partner, Global Business Organization
Dropbox, San Francisco, CA