Senior Manager - Technical Accounting & SEC Reporting
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
About the role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, hands-on individual to join our team. The Senior Manager, Technical Accounting and SEC Reporting will be responsible for research and documentation of technical accounting issues and significant transactions. This position will also be responsible for preparation of all aspects of SEC reporting including data gathering, drafting of filings, and coordinating review with internal and external parties.
The position will interact frequently with accounting, FP&A, auditors, investor relations, legal, and the disclosure committee. The role reports to the Director of SEC Reporting & SOX Compliance.
- Prepare technical accounting memorandums for regular assessments and significant transactions, and support the review process with finance management and external auditors
- Provide technical accounting support on new and complex transactions and work cross-functionally to advise on accounting implications to drive business decisions
- Monitor and implement new accounting standards
- Management of 10-Q, 10-K and other SEC filings including financial statements, footnote disclosures, other required disclosures and MD&A. Drive preparation of press release financials, and assist Legal with Proxy Statement filings
- Support investor relations by preparing financial information for earnings release, supplemental information and other stockholder communications
- Assist in preparing and/or updating the Company’s financial and accounting policies as needed and assist the Company in the application and adherence to the policies
- SOX ownership of technical accounting and SEC reporting processes and internal controls
- Provide support to any special and ad-hoc projects
- Active CPA required (or equivalent)
- Big 4 public accounting experience, preferably for 5+ years
- Minimum 2+ years with a public company preferred
- B.S. or B.A. with concentration in accounting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong technical accounting background and experience preparing technical memos
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.