Senior Failure Analysis Engineer
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
What we are about:
Fitbit empowers and inspires you to lead a healthier, more active life. We design health and fitness products and experiences that fit seamlessly into your life — because achieving your goals comes from what you do every day. We give you the insights and encouragement to make smart choices, to see how small everyday changes add up to big results.
Who we are:
Fitbit is the market leader in the fast-growing category of connected health and fitness products. The Fitbit Product Engineering team in San Francisco is passionate about the products we build. We are responsible for all hardware products from ramp to end-of-life, as well as material safety and accessories from ideation to end-of-life. We are growing quickly and need your help to turn our exciting ideas into reality.
What you will do:
- Identify root-cause of failing devices (from the field or during development) across several disciplines, including manufacturing/electrical/mechanical/materials issues
- Create a problem solving approach and execute; from strategy to operating FA tools in a lab
- Effectively work with cross-functional teams (Manufacturing/Product Engineering/Operations/Quality) to understand root cause and ultimately drive corrective actions
- Write clear and concise failure analysis reports with actionable messages digestible to multiple audiences
- Must be able to quickly adapt to a change of priorities and juggling multiple initiatives
- Must be able to travel to manufacture sites in Asia (10% travel)
- Bachelors degree or greater in electrical/mechanical/materials engineering or related field
- 3+ years working with electronics failure analysis and embedded systems
- 3+ years working with electronic devices/consumer electronics
- Comfortable and confident in a laboratory environment
- Skilled at determining which failure analysis equipment to use and effectively running the tools
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to effectively communicate with US and Asia teams
- Experience with Design of Experiment and Statistical Data Analysis
- Experience with failure analysis methodologies, such as FMEA, Fishbone, 5 why’s, etc
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit Fitbit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Sr. Manager/ Director Sales Strategy and Analytics
Confluent, Palo Alto, California
Enterprise Account Executive
Ripple, San Francisco, CA
Customer Success Advocate
Square, Atlanta GA, US
Backend Engineer (All Levels)
NS1, New York
Software Engineer, Data