Director of Corporate Accounting
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world.
Think you’ve found your fit?
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated, hands-on individual to join our team. The Director, Corporate Accounting will be responsible for leading the corporate accounting function, including technical accounting and SEC Reporting, and continually improving procedures, processes and systems.
The role interfaces frequently with Revenue, Cost Accounting, and international accounting teams, FP&A, tax, and treasury. The role reports to the Assistant Corporate Controller.
- Manage the corporate, or general ledger, accounting function
- Ensure a timely monthly, quarterly and annual close of related GL areas
- Lead efforts to maximize the proper utilization of the Company’s various accounting and financial reporting systems
- Provide technical accounting support on new and complex transactions and work cross-functionally to advise on accounting implications to drive business decisions
- Assist in preparing and/or updating the Company’s financial and accounting policies as needed and assist the Company in the application and adherence to the policies
- SOX ownership of period end close, and stock-based compensation expense processes and internal controls
- Provide support to any special and ad-hoc projects
- Manage a team of six
- Monitor and implement new accounting standards
- Active CPA preferred (or equivalent)
- Big 4 public accounting experience, preferably for 5+ years
- Minimum 2+ years with a public company required
- SAP experience preferred
- B.S. or B.A. with concentration in accounting
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Progressive management experience
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit Fitbit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Inside Account Executive
Box, Austin, TX
Senior Financial Analyst - R&D and Product Development
Pivotal Software, San Francisco, California
Looker, Santa Cruz
Lyft, San Francisco
Senior Analyst - Strategy and Operations
Instacart, San Francisco, CA