Director, Internal Communications
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
About the role
Fitbit is looking for a dynamic collaborator to provide a unified and consistent approach to employee communication and engagement across all business groups globally. We are a 1600+ strong team across 18 countries combining engineering, sales, marketing, operations and support talent to help Fitbit fulfill its mission to make everyone healthier.
Reporting to the SVP of People, this leader will own and develop Fitbit’s Internal Communications strategy and delivery to our global organization, aligning with the overall mission of the company. The communications director is responsible for the internal plan and supporting program of initiatives to build employee engagement through innovative and professional communications. Key aspects of the role include fostering an open, supportive and inspiring culture where employees learn more about the organization at a global and local level, while also offering them a platform to be heard. The role will work closely with the external communications and marketing teams to bring to life our employer brand, energizing employees and prospective future hires to promote a positive experience of working at Fitbit.
- Partner closely with leaders and key stakeholders to develop and manage the internal communication program for the company. Develop and implement innovative and engaging communications programs that build on and enhance Fitbit’s culture, ambitions and strategic priorities and contribute to a great employee experience
- Develop and manage executive team engagement, visibility and relatability of our leaders; act as a liaison between employees and Senior executives and advise them of developments throughout the organization
- Partner with the business and People leadership teams to develop a comprehensive employment value proposition (EVP) and communications framework to attract and retain key talent. Key initiatives include development of an employee communications plan that instills Fitbit’s EVP and business strategy across various channels
- Lead Fitbit’s Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives in partnership with key stakeholders across the business
- As a member of the People team, bring your communications expertise to our work on key initiatives including Career Paths, Career Development, Management Development, Employer Brand, Rewards, Diversity & Inclusion, and Wellness to ensure that curated content is branded, informative and engaging
- Lead strategy and development of the monthly employee all-hands meetings and maximize the effectiveness of this employee communications vehicle globally. Create decks and draft messages/scripts from senior executives for presentation to employees in written or spoken form
- Partner with IT to create strategy and drive employee adoption of communication and collaboration tools
- Ensure organizational initiatives and projects are thoughtfully and successfully communicated to employees and stakeholders
- Develop a manager communication strategy to enable and strengthen management and leadership capability
- Ensure internal communications messages are consistent across all mediums, and perform content management including planning, editing, and writing content, as well as preparing layouts
- Reinforce Fitbit as a great place to work including managing select social media sites targeted at current and prospective employees
- Manage the employee responsible for internal events planning and communications
- Regularly attend company meetings to listen and collect feedback and information to develop relevant and timely communications
- Coordinate the internal communication response to crisis situations that affect organizational perception
- Experience developing communications programs that engage and motivate employees
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills, with a proven record of partnering to develop and implement effective employee communication strategies
- Ability to heavily influence the development of appropriate and effective messaging with key stakeholders of all levels across the organization
- Exceptional partnering skills. Requires a high degree of humility and willingness to receive and respond to feedback
- Outstanding listening skills and ability to decipher and distill large amounts of information into a salient, succinct and compelling summary
- Excellent organizational and project planning and execution skills
- Strong knowledge of contemporary digital communications and social media practices
- Proven track record of executing high-impact communications programs
- Demonstrated success managing multiple projects and deadlines simultaneously and seamlessly adapting to evolving business priorities
- Proven ability to work autonomously while also effectively collaborating in a matrixed team environment
- Stellar executive presence
- Having a good sense of humor goes a long way at Fitbit
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit Fitbit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Recruiter - Design
Postmates, San Francisco
Senior Regional Organizer- PA/DE
Indivisible, Philadelphia, PA
People Business Partner - Corporate Groups
HashiCorp, Headquarters - San Francisco
Business Operations Sourcer
Recruiting Manager, Financial Operations
Robinhood, Menlo Park, CA