Design Operations Manager - UX
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Fitbit’s design operations team is looking for an experienced UX Program Manager / Design Operations Manager to keep our UX design team organized, focused and efficient - enabling our designers to create amazing Fitbit product experiences across our device, mobile and web platforms. You will be responsible for supporting our UX design team in both roadmap and advanced projects through process improvements, project planning, resourcing, schedule management and working cross-functionally throughout our organization.
This is a job that gives you the chance to grow your career as part of a newly formed design operations team and make a big impact on one of the most customer facing teams at Fitbit. For us, the ideal candidate is a collaborative person who can implement operational best practices for our product design process across a diverse range of projects and platforms.
We love what we do and want someone who’s as passionate, motivated and pumped on helping people transform their lives as we are.
What you'll work on:
- Create and maintain an operational foundation for designers to thrive within a fast growing organization.
- Be a hub of communication between the UX teams and across other functions - managing expectations, stakeholder communications, and design delivery status.
- Support a diverse set of talented designers to launch amazing product experiences.
- Define project management processes, standards, and best practices for our UX design team - with the goal of improving cross-functional collaboration, workflows, project estimations and resourcing.
- Bring innovative ideas to our new and growing design operations team supporting UX design and industrial design.
- Manage project schedules focusing on regular and timely delivery; organize and lead project status and working meetings and manage and communicate risks.
- Manage expectations for project deliverables, managing stakeholder communications and help implement an effective system of project status tracking.
- Coordinate and communicate cross functionally with engineering, product management, and program management, as well as executive leadership.
Who you are:
- 5+ years of professional design operations and project management experience, specifically aligned with user experience / product design teams
- Proven success implementing project management best practices for design and product teams from early concept through product launch
- Knowledge of project management tools and methodologies
- Experience coordinating multiple teams and stakeholders
- Excellent verbal, presentation, and written communication skills
- Experience in an Agile development environment
- Experience with components, features and functions of consumer devices, such as wearables, IoT devices or other hardware products is a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit Fitbit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Huge, Atlanta, Bogota, Brooklyn, Chicago, Detroit, Global, London, Los Angeles, Medellin, Oakland, Seattle, Singapore, Toronto, Washington DC
Management Consultant - Process Improvement
KPMG New Zealand, Wellington
Enterprise Partner Learning & Development Specialist
Qualtrics, Seattle, WA
Senior Project/Program Manager - Learning & Development
Pivotal Software, Anywhere in US, Cork Ireland or Canada
Justworks, New York, NY
Store Reviewer – Inspection/Audit Retail- Independent Contractor
ISN Corporation, Hayward CA, US