Customer Support - Community Operations Manager
Fitbit, US - San Francisco
Stay motivated and improve your health by tracking your activity, exercise, food, weight and sleep
At Fitbit, our mission is to help people lead healthier, more active lives by empowering them with data, inspiration and guidance to reach their goals.
We started our journey in 2007—as a team of two with one big idea. Since then, we’ve grown to over 1,500 employees, sold over 60mm devices, and built a health and fitness community across the globe. In fact, the Fitbit Community has taken enough steps to walk from the Sun to Pluto! Offering award-winning products, a top-rated mobile app and an easy-to-use online dashboard, Fitbit provides personalized experiences that help our users reach their goals. With a reenergized focus on innovative devices, interactive experiences, and enterprise health we are transforming the way consumers and businesses see health & fitness.
From your first steps as a Fitbitter, you will be at the forefront of developing new products. Our culture combines the spirit of startup with the perks of being public. We offer a competitive benefits package and amazing perks like unlimited snacks, Friday happy hours, onsite workout classes, and a strong focus on a healthy work-life balance. As part of our team, you’ll have the opportunity to grow your career, contribute your ideas to life-changing products and services, and—above all—have fun doing it.
Fitbit’s HQ campus is located in the heart of San Francisco with office locations in Boston, San Diego and around the world. Think you’ve found your fit?
Fitbit fosters millions of customer relationships through multilingual online Community forums, an in-app social Feed, and presence across social media and consumer channels. We’re hiring a Community Operations Manager who will lead our team to maintain a healthy, productive, and supportive global customer community. This role is focused on actioning strategic initiatives using global cross-functional teams, leveraging analytics to track and improve key performance indicators, and championing social support to keep Fitbit on the forefront of customer care.
- Manage the Community Operations team. Facilitate opportunities for growth by nurturing and developing team member interests and skills.
- Analyze long-term Community needs and optimize utilization of our globally outsourced partners.
- Collaborate directly with all Fitbit Customer Support Operations Managers and Business Partner Operation Managers to ensure all KPIs are met across global support teams.
- Collaborate with Global Marketing/Sales, CS Trainers, Program Managers, and Team Leads to ensure overall labor effectiveness, promote knowledge sharing, and identify areas of improvement to maintain Community operation excellence
- Collaborate on channel growth strategy, focusing on contact deflection through broad social messaging and identification of new social channels where customers are seeking support.
- Identify areas of opportunity quickly and effectively, ensuring customers a seamless Community support experience
- Provide upkeep for Community and social support tools, addressing platform issues and any operational impact.
- Represent the voice of the customer internally by leveraging all Community data to increase awareness and influence stakeholder decisions on a company-wide level.
- Establish templates and reporting methods to maintain standardized communication with internal Product Specialists
- Support and participate in recruitment of Community and social team leaders at Fitbit’s global support centers
- Work with the Community Strategy team to drive initiatives to improve customer self-service that cultivate first contact resolutions
- Provide support and communications for new Fitbit product and feature launches, site and firmware releases, and during unexpected outages or crises or as emerging trends develop.
- 5-10 years experience in social media and social media technologies & trends, social engagement, customer service with at least 5 years supervisory experience
- Crisis management experience
- Able to explain complex social and Community data in an understandable way
- Customer support leadership experience with outsourced BPO providers a plus
- Passion for helping people find solutions
- Interest in consumer electronics, health and wellness
- Thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced, team-based environment
- Strong creative, analytical and problem-solving skills
- Knowledge of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and LinkedIn’s platforms is required
- Experience with Lithium, Salesforce.com, Confluence, and JIRA a plus
- Experience with multi-language support a plus
- Ability to embrace change, be a team player, and enjoy developing creative solutions
- Excellent communication, presentation, and listening skills
- Strong knowledge of Community management technology tool configuration and report building where needed
- Exceptional multi-tasking skills
- Excellent leadership skills
Fitbit is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, hire, train, promote, pay, and administer all personnel actions without regard to race, color, ancestry, national origin, citizenship, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, and medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth, or breastfeeding), sex stereotyping (including assumptions about a person’s appearance or behavior, gender roles, gender expression, or gender identity), sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, medical condition, mental or physical disability, military or veteran status, genetic information or other statuses protected by law. We interpret these protected statuses broadly to include both the actual status and any perceptions and assumptions made regarding these statuses.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance Fitbit will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
We're a passionate team dedicated to health and fitness who are building products that help transform people's lives. While health can be serious business, we feel it doesn't have to be. We believe you're more likely to reach your goals if you're encouraged to have fun, smile, and feel empowered along the way.
Want to learn more about Fitbit? Visit Fitbit's website.
Jobs You May Like
Retail Assistant (Full-Time)
GRANA, Hong Kong
Sales Specialist - The Westchester
Peloton, White Plains, NY
Partner Service Agent
Gwynnie Bee, New Delhi
Product Support Specialist Associate - Night Shift
Merrill, London (GBR)
Part Time Brand Rep, Sales Associate
Outdoor Voices, Nashville, TN